Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephanies Cafe, formerly????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dolores Hayes

stevenmu wrote: »
    That sounds good to me anyway. It'd be nice to have somewhere diner-ish to pop in for a quick but decent dinner when I don't feel like cooking something, but that isn't a full book-a-table restaurant either. At the moment there's only really take-aways, some of them do have sit in, but sometimes you just don't want take-away style food.
    Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for letting me pick your brains everyone. Looks like the building is in worse condition than anyone knew. And seeing as the landlords won't fork out a penny to bring the building to spec, its now way out of my price range. Even for a 5 year rent free period wouldn't recoup the money that needs to be spent! Not worth it. Way too risky. Anyway, although I'm disappointed, I went to see a nice place in Rathmines yesterday. I don't have much of a feel for the area... So, again, any feedback would be much appreciated! Same again. Casual dining. cafe/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Thanks for letting me pick your brains everyone. Looks like the building is in worse condition than anyone knew. And seeing as the landlords won't fork out a penny to bring the building to spec, its now way out of my price range. Even for a 5 year rent free period wouldn't recoup the money that needs to be spent! Not worth it. Way too risky. Anyway, although I'm disappointed, I went to see a nice place in Rathmines yesterday. I don't have much of a feel for the area... So, again, any feedback would be much appreciated! Same again. Casual dining. cafe/restaurant.

Totally lacking good cafe style places in Rathmines, the village just closed down but to be honest I never liked it once it was taken over a few years ago, which is a pity because it used to be my favorite place to go on a Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Galadriel wrote: »
    Totally lacking good cafe style places in Rathmines, the village just closed down but to be honest I never liked it once it was taken over a few years ago, which is a pity because it used to be my favorite place to go on a Saturday!

The problem with the Village Cafe was the lack of light at the back of the building, it is great in the summer and sitting out when you could get a seat a joy, but we all know that the weather doesn't lend itself to this kind of thing.

Would love to see a new decent cafe open in Rathmines.

Thanks. Do you know what happened to the Village Cafe? Why did it close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think that the Stephanie's Cafe thing is done now.
    In relation to your Village Cafe query - please be advised that we do not permit speculation as to business closures.

Maybe take a walk around the area & talk to the locals for your market research.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement