Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed Leisure BBall Game, Dublin City - New Players Required !

Options
  • 16-09-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

New players invited to join a mixed basketball game running every Wed evening at 7pm in a sports hall near IFSC. Ideally you will have played basketball before but game is just for fun and easy going so all levels welcome! Game not suitable for competative players !
    For info cormacmacdonnell@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Dublin City Centre Sports Hall.???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Hi macd, I'm really interested in this - have sent you an email! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

[FONT=&quot]Sounds like good fun, sent ya a mail.
    Hopefully its on after 5 in the evening[/FONT]

[font=&quot]Sounds like good fun, sent ya a mail.[/font]
    [font=&quot]Hopefully its on after 5 in the evening[/font]

Hi Scottie, I went last week and it was really good fun! You should def go! :)

shivvyban wrote: »
    Hi Scottie, I went last week and it was really good fun! You should def go! :)
    Will do. sending ya pm about the details.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Will do. sending ya pm about the details.

Cheers

Reply sent! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Id be interested alright, where abouts is it in relation to the IFSC as I work in that area? Played basketball for 17 years but have been out for the last 2 due to injury and would love to get back into it now.

Tox

went to it last week, was great.
    its not too far from from ifsc.
    one of the people there met me at Connely last week to show me the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

i played last week good craic havent played since school days see you next week hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 datett

Hi all,

I'd like to play. When is the next game on?
    Thanks,
    D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Is this still going on and are you stil looking for new players?

Edit: E-mail sent.

Wreck wrote: »
    Is this still going on and are you stil looking for new players?

Edit: E-mail sent.

Hey ya, Me and Scottie go to this one too! Its really good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think I'm meeting scottie and shivvyban on Weds to go to this.

I'm also very interested in the Artane thing if we can get that going, although 2 hours of running about when I can barely keep up for one....

lafortezza wrote: »

I'm also very interested in the Artane thing if we can get that going, although 2 hours of running about when I can barely keep up for one....

2hours is too much indeed, so I say split it with two 15 min breaks; will get a tread started soon on this
    Sure we could use some of the time to practice free throws etc, instead of running around for full time

I agree, if we can get 3/4 basketballs and get some drills going it would be good.
    I wandered around every sports shop in Blanchardstown today, not one of them had a good leather indoor ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 datett

I think I'll come along. Not sure though. Thanks anyway for last sunday's game.
    Fab

lafortezza wrote: »
    datett wrote: »
    I think I'll come along. Not sure though. Thanks anyway for last sunday's game.
    Fab

I could meet you guys at Connolly (thats where I meet Scottie) at about quarter to seven and walk down with you's. :) I'll probably stay in work (beside Connolly) until about then but if anyone wanted to meet earlier and get a coffee or somethign let me know... there is no reason I should be in work until this time (its pure madness I tell you! :) )

I'm 75% certain of going to this on Wenesday, so will hopefully meet you guys at Connolly station. Won't know until late tommorow if I'll definitely be there, Scottie pmed me his mobile number so I'll text him if I can't make it.

shivvyban wrote: »
    I could meet you guys at Connolly (thats where I meet Scottie) at about quarter to seven and walk down with you's. :) I'll probably stay in work (beside Connolly) until about then but if anyone wanted to meet earlier and get a coffee or somethign let me know... there is no reason I should be in work until this time (its pure madness I tell you! :) )
    6.45pm at connolly is good for me.

I'm finishing up work soon so I should be at Connolly for 18.45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Is this game still running?

Or anyone know of any other mixed/social basketball in or near Dublin city centre?
    (other than http://www.dublinindoorsports.ie/basketballhome.php)

mambo wrote: »
    Is this game still running?

Or anyone know of any other mixed/social basketball in or near Dublin city centre?
    (other than http://www.dublinindoorsports.ie/basketballhome.php)

This game is still running or if you check the Game at Weekends thread - there's one on sundays at 6pm in sportsco... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

this in the gym on Gloucester street? I do plan to make it down to the sundays games eventually just niggling injuries are stopping me. Will go to wednesday scrimmage though next wednesday definitely, can't make it this week due to college finals.

scooby2791 wrote: »
    this in the gym on Gloucester street? I do plan to make it down to the sundays games eventually just niggling injuries are stopping me. Will go to wednesday scrimmage though next wednesday definitely, can't make it this week due to college finals.

No worries! If you're around, give me a text. I usually meet Lafortezza and Wreck at Connolly beforehand.

We having a Rematch?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I like the sound of a wed game. And I live in teh city centre so are the details for this in the weekend game thread too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Hi lads, any casual games like this one going on mid-week in the AM (although not too early in the AM! :) ) ??

thanks

Lads, didn't want to start a new thread for this - where can I get a list of clubs and club contacts in Dublin? South West Dublin in particular (Lucan, Tallaght, Clondalkin direction)? Any chance someone here could PM a list or link to one if they have one?

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Lads, didn't want to start a new thread for this - where can I get a list of clubs and club contacts in Dublin? South West Dublin in particular (Lucan, Tallaght, Clondalkin direction)? Any chance someone here could PM a list or link to one if they have one?

should find info here http://www.dmbb.net/homepage.aspx

• Advertisement

No midweek games going in the AM lads? For those poor saps among us who work evenings?! :)

Advertisement