Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Kenyon to leave Chelsea

• 16-09-2009 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

On October 31st.

Just breaking on SSN

Strange time for him to leave, must be over the Kakuta stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is he going to cITEH?

Wonder what Xavi thinks of him now.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Something good has come from it then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

He'll be staying at the club in some capacity but stepping down as chief executive

He was SO unprofessional it was ridiculous.

Meeting Sven in public, dinner with Ashley Cole, openly dealing with Jose whilst Ranieri was still contracted as manager, the seedy display with Obi Mikel, I think Kakuta is just the latest.

Glad he is going, whatever job he has after Oct 31 will be a symbolic one, hopefully he won't be able to do more damage to Chelsea's reputation.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Best thing he ever did for United was leave them. I think he has been at the root of all Chelsea's problems - always convincing Abramovich to sack the manager rather than him - the man who put them in place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Only back so I better refrain from posting what I think of him. Suffice to say he left a bitter taste when he left his previous position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

He'll be at Citeh within 6 months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He's still with the club part time:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The aul Gardening Leave won't be much use during the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

so Frank Arnesen won the boardroom battle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Des wrote: »
    The aul Gardening Leave won't be much use during the winter.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

City pfft, next stop Notts County.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    He was SO unprofessional it was ridiculous.

Meeting Sven in public, dinner with Ashley Cole, openly dealing with Jose whilst Ranieri was still contracted as manager, the seedy display with Obi Mikel, I think Kakuta is just the latest.

So being profesional is breaking the rules more discreetly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anyone crying over this news?

anyone?

anyone at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'd laugh if Dennis Wise was his replacement! :D

So being profesional is breaking the rules more discreetly ?

Being professional is going about your job more discreetly, regardless of what you are doing. Tapping up goes on, all clubs probably know that fact. What I am sure they don't appreciate is getting their noses rubbed in it on every paper and news channel going, by someone who clearly doesn't believe the rules or normal etiquette apply to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Was his initial target not set as making Chelsea as big as United around the world?

In fairness, I don't know if you could say he was a success or a failure then. Chelsea have certainly grown in stature around the world - the amount of kids I even see here now wearing Chelsea jerseys is unreal compared to ten years ago - but there's no way they could match United's legacy that has been ongoing for decades so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Is John Delaney taking over the new role?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ken Bates ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

to paraphrase Kenyon "the people who give a sh!te about this news come from a small group of one"

Advertisement