Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Update (Vista)

• 16-09-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭

I had to use the recovery partition on a Laptop to recover Windows Vista Home Premium. The process ran to completion without error & the lappy is working fine except for Windows Update.....

It detects that updates are available & notifies me that I need to install the latest update software before I can use Windows Update. When I hit the "Install" button it appears to be doing something & then displays the screen asking to search for updates, it too seems to be doing its thing but then it returns me to the "You need to install the latest update software before you can use Windows Update"

It just keeps doing that any time I try??? :confused:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I had a few problems with the updates on Vista as well when I used it.

If its an old version of vista you might want to download and install service pack 2 as an exe.

It should update your PC and fix your update problem but its a 350mb download so its a crude fix if you're only bothered by the update issue!

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

kenon wrote: »
    I had a few problems with the updates on Vista as well when I used it.

If its an old version of vista you might want to download and install service pack 2 as an exe.

It should update your PC and fix your update problem but its a 350mb download so its a crude fix if you're only bothered by the update issue!

I'll give that a shot kenon, nothing to lose. Cheers.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Upgraded to SP2 as suggested but then every time I ran Windows Update It scanned & returned Error: 80073712

Googled that error & found a CMD command to fix that, and it did but it still won't update. It's doing as it was in my original post.

-

Advertisement