Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some atheists are as closed minded as religious fanatics

Options
  • 16-09-2009 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Take the Mod of this Board for example Dades, when you post something interesting which takes a scientific view on the possiblity of the existence of an after life and of God, it is closed straight away.

However if I had been some religious person and posted something based on a personal belief I reckon he would have kept the thread open so that he and his atheist buddies could have a laugh and make fun of it.

I mean is it not a breath of fresh air, if someone tries to argue the existence of GOD and an afterlife not by religion , but by science itself.
    I mean isn't this what you atheists would appreciate, instead of some religious person saying your all wrong because the bible says so.

To me Dades was showing his Hypocrisy, because it was like I was having an attack on his faith, which is why the thread was closed so quick
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Pseudo-science != "a scientific view on the possiblity of the existence of an after life"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

In all fairness, the link you posted contained no science that I could see. Some bloke claiming that clairvoyants and near death experiences are "proof" of an afterlife isn't really very novel, interesting or scientific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Take the Mod of this Board for example Dades, when you post something interesting which takes a scientific view on the possiblity of the existence of an after life and of God, it is closed straight away.

However if I had been some religious person and posted something based on a personal belief I reckon he would have kept the thread open so that he and his atheist buddies could have a laugh and make fun of it.

I mean is it not a breath of fresh air, if someone tries to argue the existence of GOD and an afterlife not by religion , but by science itself.
    I mean isn't this what you atheists would appreciate, instead of some religious person saying your all wrong because the bible says so.

To me Dades was showing his Hypocrisy, because it was like I was having an attack on his faith, which is why the thread was closed so quick

present your 'scientific' evidence for the afterlife or go back to mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Erm.. this post is kind of hard to follow, in fairness, but there's no scientific way of proving (or disproving) god or an afterlife, making whatever you were arguing (keep in mind I've not seen the post in question) completely pointless.

Mod probably thought it would just turn the thread into another useless, tired "debate"/shít-slinging match.

I have faith (lulz, irony) in the mods tbh, this forum is fairly circular, unfortunately (eg. atheist post, then Jakkass, then big huge "philosophical" debate which really just reiterates every point already made six thousand times).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Vampire wrote:

Okkkk,

Yo Dades mate would you mind if I created an actual SCIENTIFIC thread based on what the OP is proposing.:pac:

There has been some science done into what you said, but not what you are linking to:P

Sh111t I'm definitely having a funny day,....I'm not sure who I reported...can I report myself, if I reported the wrong poster apologies folks :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

All the scientists on the site are well respected in their field and have pHD's in Physics etc, but what pissed me off what that he made a decision to close the thread on a wim, he didnt take a few minutes to even look at it.Also he closed the site because of the paypal link, well the paypal link is for anyone that wants to purchase a printed copy of the book on the site which is available on the site for free.Lastly staunch atheists will call any scientist pseudo if they don't appear to conform to their set of beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

liah wrote: »
    (eg. atheist post, then Jakkass, then big huge "philosophical" debate which really just reiterates every point already made six thousand times).

There is nothing wrong with a philosophical debate. Jakkass and Hurin (don't know how to make a fada) make this forum interesting and lively as they are they are the only two who consistently challenge the atheistic viewpoint (reasonably and intelligently anyway). If all theists were as willing to engage in debate to the extent that they do then there would be a greater understanding between both sides. Personally, I have gained a greater understanding of the entire argument by reading the threads in which these two posters have contested their beliefs. Besides, how would this forum be interesting if we were all just telling each other how right we are?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

All the scientists on the site are well respected in their field and have pHD's in Physics etc, but what pissed me off what that he made a decision to close the thread on a wim, he didnt take a few minutes to even look at it.Also he closed the site because of the paypal link, well the paypal link is for anyone that wants to purchase a printed copy of the book on the site which is available on the site for free.Lastly staunch atheists will call any scientist pseudo if they don't appear to conform to their set of beliefs.

What beliefs, ask any atheist/agnostic here and you'll find that we don't really agree on anything...which Is HIS DAWKINSNESS can never be a ALMIGHY LEADER of coherent organised movement:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Take the Mod of this Board for example Dades
    If you have issues with the moderation of this or any other forum, you can take them to Feedback.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement