Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork vigilantes vov to kill drug dealers

Options
  • 16-09-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

VIGILANTES have threatened to kill anyone who continues to deal drugs on the southside of Cork city.

A number of men wearing dark clothing visited pubs last weekend and distributed leaflets warning of lethal consequences for drug dealers.

Up to half-a-dozen men, linked to the dissident republican group, the 32 County Sovereignty Movement, distributed the leaflets in pubs in Passage West and Rochestown and the city suburbs of Ballyphehane and Togher last Friday.

In a chilling warning, the group said it had drawn up a "new list of drug dealers" and would kill those who continued to deal drugs.

"There will be no more individual warnings or knocks on the door. This is your warning and if you continue to deal drugs then you will be held accountable for your actions by lethal force," the leaflet said.

The matter was discussed at a joint policing meeting of Passage West Town Council on Monday, which was attended by gardaí.

A senior garda source said: "The matter is currently under investigation. We are taking this seriously."

Cllr Seamus McGrath, a member of Cork County Council and Passage West Town Council, said he regarded it as a very serious development.

"Drug dealers should be vigorously pursued, but this should be left to the gardaí and not carried out by vigilantes. I would urge people to assist the gardaí in this matter and not to take the law into their own hands."

Senator Jerry Buttimer echoed those sentiments and added that emotions were running high because of the recent number of heroin deaths in the city.

"Those who are aware of drugs dealers have a duty to report such matters to the gardaí. There should be no tolerance for vigilantism."

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-...l#ixzz0RFbS37Q4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Fair play - the day was going to come when the people became sick of our corrupt and failed courts, If they get the right guys well thats fine. And they were nice enough to give a warning and all.
    I dont believe in vigilantaism and intimadition but the drug dealers have been intimadating witnesses and the general population for years so hears payback.

And will our f*ucked up policing,goverment depts and courts ever cop themselves on - We're only a joke of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If they weren't shinners I might approve, but since they're not gonna follow through what does it matter.

And if they do follow through it will be low level street dealers because they won't have the balls to go after the importers.

It does make sense to say it in pubs around the Ballyphehane area though, that's where alot of the bigger drug dealers in Cork live.

What does it matter though, the chances of them following through are slim to nil. They are more likely to proclaim Heroin is now off the streets of Cork without any action than they are to kill one of the leaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

great news. i hope it works out for these vigilantes

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/cork-vigilantes-vow-to-kill-drug-dealers-101030.html
    Cork vigilantes vow to kill drug dealers

By Sean O’Riordan
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009

VIGILANTES have threatened to kill anyone who continues to deal drugs on the southside of Cork city.

A number of men wearing dark clothing visited pubs last weekend and distributed leaflets warning of lethal consequences for drug dealers.

Up to half-a-dozen men, linked to the dissident republican group, the 32 County Sovereignty Movement, distributed the leaflets in pubs in Passage West and Rochestown and the city suburbs of Ballyphehane and Togher last Friday.

In a chilling warning, the group said it had drawn up a "new list of drug dealers" and would kill those who continued to deal drugs.

"There will be no more individual warnings or knocks on the door. This is your warning and if you continue to deal drugs then you will be held accountable for your actions by lethal force," the leaflet said.

The matter was discussed at a joint policing meeting of Passage West Town Council on Monday, which was attended by gardaí.

A senior garda source said: "The matter is currently under investigation. We are taking this seriously."

Cllr Seamus McGrath, a member of Cork County Council and Passage West Town Council, said he regarded it as a very serious development.

"Drug dealers should be vigorously pursued, but this should be left to the gardaí and not carried out by vigilantes. I would urge people to assist the gardaí in this matter and not to take the law into their own hands."

Senator Jerry Buttimer echoed those sentiments and added that emotions were running high because of the recent number of heroin deaths in the city.

"Those who are aware of drugs dealers have a duty to report such matters to the gardaí. There should be no tolerance for vigilantism."

Do ye think these guys mean business or what?
    Very interesting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Maybe they could also do something about the traffic in Rochestown ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

dupe

maybe they could overthrow the government which would be more useful

Fair Play to them . The Gardai are fighting a loosing battle against the drug dealer's. In some cases not fighting at all. Every day coming home from work in the city centre of dublin i see at least 2 drug deals a day outside Carrolls of Dublin.
    What has really pissed me off is , just down the road there are 3 Gardai stopping cars and fining them for using the bus corridor .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Bill-e wrote: »
    http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/cork-vigilantes-vow-to-kill-drug-dealers-101030.html

Do ye think these guys mean business or what?
    Very interesting stuff!

Only time will tell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Perhaps they should use terminology a bit more specific than "drug dealers".

I don't agree with this sort of thing though, they sound like a bunch of misguided scumbags tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Pharmacists around the south-side better watch out!

I am guessing that the South Side was the only place visited because the so called vigilantes found the North Side too long a car drive from the Provos home that is Passage.

What a bunch of fools

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

What do they mean by drug dealers? We can presume, given the shocking rise in heroin use in Cork City, which is surprisingly almost as evident on the south side of the Lee as it is the north (this is what makes the problem very different from the one in Dublin). If we discuss exclusively heroin, then what makes a person a heroin dealer, i.e. what volume of drug dealing would make him a drug dealer, this creates two problems:

1. To target small time drug dealers the vigilanties will have to attack users and dealers as young as twelve. I don't think they'll last too long in any community if they target mislead youngsters, and the users must also be afforded some sympathy.

2. If they target Big/Medium size drug dealers, the members of the vigilante group would most likely be killed by the drug dealers. Where vigilantes have shotguns and baseball bats dealers have submachine guns and automatic pistols.

To conclude, the actions of a vigilante group would be futile. But one must respect that members of our community are brave enough to stand up to the death dealers.

On are related topic, does anyone have an opinion as to why heroin use has exponetially increased in Cork City?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Jesus christ, that's what cork needs a bunch of ****ing provos dealing out their own brand of justice. What about the drug dealers working hand in hand with the RIRA, these will be alright will they?

Threats like this don't work, people will continue to deal/consume heroin regardless of vigilantes. After all they are taking a fairly dangerous drug.

I'd say heroin use is up because people are finding money tight and it's a fairly good bang for your buck. I'm not sure what a bag of heroin costs but I'd imagine a deal is about €20? I suppose people start out smoking it and then turn to injections, although I've only ever heard of people smoking it in Cork anyway but it won't be long.

The 32 County Sovereignty Movement should focus their minds on a united Ireland (if that's their true aim) and not running around playing cowboys and indians with drugdealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 da-mahon-don

they visited the northside 2 weeks ago but it was kept quiet...my aunt was in a pub when they came in

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gunth

Bill-e wrote: »
    Maybe they could also do something about the traffic in Rochestown ?

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Fair play to them.
    Heroin "was" unheard of in my town, not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

TBH the only difference between the drug dealers and these guys would be that the drug dealers admit that they sell drugs for their own profit while the other clowns ( who don't cod yourself for a second that their real motive isn't to corner the drug market in Cork ) do it for 'the cause'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Fairplay to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

so wont the dealers arm themselves now and we can expect drive by shootings,gang wars,retaliation etc like in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Moro Man wrote: »
    TBH the only difference between the drug dealers and these guys would be that the drug dealers admit that they sell drugs for their own profit while the other clowns ( who don't cod yourself for a second that their real motive isn't to corner the drug market in Cork ) do it for 'the cause'

Exactly, they're two sides of the same brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Idiots calling themselves "The 32 County Sovereignty Movement" running around the place with guns is the last thing we need. I would also be a bit suspect about their real motivation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

A few local rude boys who think its cool to sell hash from the back of the ford fiesta will get the tar knocked out of them. They would not dare take on any of the major famillies though. Cant see them going as far as murder either I mean its not like a shambolic outfit like this are going to be capable of keeping their identities secret. Mind you if they said they were going to rid Limerick of the Keane/Collopy gang I think half the country would lend them their car and a shovel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

sounds fair. druggies cause deaths so they get killed. ill believe it when i see it though

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

A number of men wearing dark clothing visited pubs

Sounds like a Boards beer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

"Those who are aware of drugs dealers have a duty to report such matters to the gardaí."

AHAHAHAHA. As if they don't know themselves. I wonder where all those lovely drugs they find go when they're to be "disposed of".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Slugs wrote: »
    AHAHAHAHA. As if they don't know themselves. I wonder where all those lovely drugs they find go when they're to be "disposed of".

Yeah i hear half the gardai nowadays are loaded up on confiscated heroin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

as long as they get the drug dealers I'm for it. when they are finishd in Cork there is pleanty more hunting to be done up here in Limerick!!!!
    fight fire with fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

baza1976 wrote: »
    as long as they get the drug dealers I'm for it. when they are finishd in Cork there is pleanty more hunting to be done up here in Limerick!!!!
    fight fire with fire.
    The brains of the operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yes lads, because drug dealing is worse than murder.

F*cking hell some of you need to get a grip on yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

What makes a murderer?

A: Murder!

You cant murder one with out the other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 anna321

delighted to hear that something is been done to sort out this problem before our kids are destroyed.Does anyone know where i can sign up for this?

Advertisement