Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page refresh feature.

Options
  • 16-09-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

I recently came across pagereboot.com, and find it useful when keeping an eye on a category in Adverts. I have it set to refresh every 10mins.

Is this a drain on the sites resources? Could it be a useful "built-in" tool to make available to Mods/Admins?

I have this running on an old laptop, with a few pages being updated. I can't use this if logged in, but it is handy, as I can check it every now and then, and see the most recent activity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

mrmac wrote: »
    Is this a drain on the sites resources?

Not at all. :) You have to be making hundreds of page requests per second to make any sort of dent in the site.
    mrmac wrote: »
    Could it be a useful "built-in" tool to make available to Mods/Admins?

I'll ask around the lads here, see what they think.

This feature is built into Opera, so that's another alternative for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I haven't a clue about different browsers, heck, I haven't a clue about IE!
    Hence I like the pagereboot, numpty, option. :)
    I find it great for keeping an eye on Adverts. The page refreshes every ten mins, and I can glance at it, every now and then, to see the latest activity.

I can't use this while I'm logged in though, so just wondering if this could be incorporated, as it'd be handy to have your subbed page refresh.

I know this may not be possible, I'm just adding it to the list of suggestions. Maybe the answer is for everyone to switch to Opera? But you'd need to show me how! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Firefox has a plug in that will do this aswell.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement