Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi cork, advice please

Options
  • 16-09-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

hi, can someone tell me where the temple bar of cork city would be?

lots of tourists, bars, basicly hopping all the time... cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Not really that many tourist bars in the City. But places like Tom Barrys on Barrack Street might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

Not really that many tourist bars in the City. But places like Tom Barrys on Barrack Street might work.

sorry, i meant areas, like temple bar... bussy spots with alot of tourists and locals....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Depends on what night, but there are no specific area's really. Oliver Plunkett Street does have a few bars along it though, the nicer ones like.

So Oliver Plunkett Street you have An Bodhrán and the Old Oak. Scotts if you are into that.

There are a few more, but I can't think of them.

There is no Temple Bar like area in Cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Washington Street from the Courthouse onwards would be pretty busy and would have a more Temple Bar feel to it than Barrack St. Also Oliver Plunkett St and McCurtain St. On a side note, if you are looking for tourists then go to Brú which is a bar attached to a hostel on McCurtain St. Its an absolutely cracking spot and other good pubs in the vicinity would be Sin é and the Corner House and also the LV if its still open.

cheers... basicly, i'm looking to set up a gourmet fast food joint... would love to in temple bar, but rents are really high...

so thinking maybe galway or cork...

so, where would say a zaytoon, gourmet burger, crep type place do well, in corks city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Probably Washington Street and North Main street ( Classic , Raven)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I would say the Paul Street area would be fairly appropriate.

Lots of restaurants/cafes already.
    Close to the opera house, shopping centre, gate cinema and Patrick St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

If you are looking for places with greatest footfall on a Night Out then Washington St and North Main St are the best by a country mile. Has the highest saturation of pubs and clubs than anywhere else in Cork but because of this there is also a large number of fast food joints around there too.
    There are a number of Kebab Shops, a pizza place, a mexican/burrito place and chippers around. There is no real gourmet place but that might be because the age demographic of people around that area would be <30 and might not have the money to afford a gourmet food place after a night out compared to a cheap fast food joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Pauls Street seems to be an area that might interest you, maybe some of the side streets of Patricks Street heading towards South Mall

thanks for the feedback, very helpfull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I agree with those who said Washington Street and North Main street. Pubs like The Raven and the Courthouse have a great buzz about them on nice warm evening with lots of people outside drinking and the clubs are only a short walk/stagger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

we have a "falafa al's" spelling is wrong, they do gourmet wraps, not doing so well tho, i got there alot and its never bussy

the bussiest fast food joint in cork on thurs/fri/sat night is hill billies by a country mile, followed by BK, the only independant that is doing very well is Istanbul a kebab shop, you see you have to remember cork is a shi.t hole

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

liberal wrote: »
    we have a "falafa al's" spelling is wrong, they do gourmet wraps, not doing so well tho, i got there alot and its never bussy

the bussiest fast food joint in cork on thurs/fri/sat night is hill billies by a country mile, followed by BK, the only independant that is doing very well is Istanbul a kebab shop, you see you have to remember cork is a shi.t hole

That made my head hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

maccurtain street is the tourist street in cork, some dont ever seem to realise most pobs are further into town.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+1 on paul street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

-1 for Paul Street.
    Don't think that it would have the neccessary night-time footfall for this type of business.
    Have to go with Washintgon St/Grand Parade area with McCurtain St as an option.
    Best option of course would be to just buy Hillbillys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

what about opening a late night coffee house that does snacks and sambos like tribes? It appears to be the only place in cork that civilised folks (ie, the non drinkers, only slightly tipsy or waiting for taxi ppl) can go and chat and chill....
    You'd need a bouncer late nights and weekends though but it;d just be great to have somewhere else besides tribes to go for a cuppa and a decent sandwich and a chat after a night out.... cork is crying out for something like that maybe on washington street?

Advertisement