Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick's Perceived Image

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This happened in Dublin.

People up here know that good and bad things happen in life. Doesn't mean I have huff and puff about it. You make choices of what you do.

This is called facing reality. Facing reality doesn't mean your in it. It means you aware of been in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mysterious wrote: »
    This happened in Dublin.

People up here know that good and bad things happen in life. Doesn't mean I have huff and puff about it. You make choices of what you do.

This is called facing reality. Facing reality doesn't mean your in it. It means you aware of been in reality.

You're right, we should all take time out of our day to chat to scumbags about their feelings

krudler wrote: »
    You're right, we should all take time out of our day to chat to scumbags about their feelings

Are you one to judge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

:D:D

At least I can separate the person from the behaviour. I can also take the conversation as I left it and not worry about it. I also want to correct your silly crap. It happened at random. There are things in life you can't always avoid. Reality check for you btw.

Maybe you will confront this one day and you won't be so lucky as it would seem.

Take time out, get some fresh air, and realise the people you judge are human beings. Yes it's amazing really.

I could judge you, and say your attitude is childish and ignorant. Maybe your ignorant and childish. See how I put the focus back on you. Didn't like it I bet.

Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Peoples park playground was closed off for an hour in the past week as an 11 year old kid went on the rampage with a pellet gun!

Shouted obscenities to a park ranger and physically threatened him

At least I can separate the person from the behaviour. I can also take the conversation as I left it and not worry about it. I also want to correct your silly crap. It happened at random. There are things in life you can't always avoid. Reality check for you btw.

Maybe you will confront this one day and you won't be so lucky as it would seem.

Take time out, get some fresh air, and realise the people you judge are human beings. Yes it's amazing really.

I could judge you, and say your attitude is childish and ignorant. Maybe your ignorant and childish. See how I put the focus back on you. Didn't like it I bet.

Grow up.

You're right, people who rob cars, old people, attack strangers and generally make life miserable for decent human beings are really just in need of a cuddle or some sort of stuffed animal. Their behaviour doesnt define them, they probably read stories to sick children in hospital before downing a few cans of Stella and burning out a few cars, bless their cotton socks

You're right, people who rob cars, old people, attack strangers and generally make life miserable for decent human beings are really just in need of a cuddle or some sort of stuffed animal. Their behaviour doesnt define them, they probably read stories to sick children in hospital before downing a few cans of Stella and burning out a few cars, bless their cotton socks

Oh I see. So label things like black and white. They are "bad" and hes is good. lol:D:rolleyes: Classic.

Bet you have done bad things too in your life. Why don't you be the judge of that. The truth is everyone on this planet would not turn to crime if they were happy. It's a simple fact. Unhappy people do bad things. People who moan and behave childishly like you contribute to it. We don't live in a world that is heaven or wonderful as I'm sure you know. We have both hell and heaven. Your responsilible to make it a good experience or a bad one.:) It's called evolution and common knowledge.

You remind me of someone who is hanging themselves up to dry. You do it well. Keep it up.

Ever hear of "kill them kindness" Ever hear of, "treat people how you want to be treated"

So if you confront a bunch of "scumbags" on your own

What would you do.

Let's be real about it. Try it.

Oh I see. So label things like black and white. He is bad and hes is good. lol:D:rolleyes: Classic.

Bet you have done bad things too in your life. We don't live in a world that is heaven or wonderful. We have both hell and heaven. Your responsilible to make it a good experience or a bad one.:) It's called evolution.

You remind me of someone who is hanging themselves up to dry. You do it well. Keep it up.

That post is constructed entirely of fail

• Advertisement

Could you answer the question that I posed? Rather than ignore it.

Why would I confront a bunch of scumbags? although if I did I'd give them all a hug, invite them in for a cup of tea and a chat about their backgrounds,maybe tickle their bellys until their scummy demeanour is reduced to the puppy like quality that every scobe hides underneath their Adidas clad outer shell

Why would I confront a bunch of scumbags? although if I did I'd give them all a hug, invite them in for a cup of tea and a chat about their backgrounds,maybe tickle their bellys until their scummy demeanour is reduced to the puppy like quality that every scobe hides underneath their Adidas clad outer shell

Stop the BS.

But what would you really do. Think then post.

Well why am I confronting them? are they defacing a national monument? hurling flaming tyres down an embankment into oncoming traffic? stealing lollipops from kids? shaving dirty words into their hair?

Your great with a shovel, Because you keep digging.:D

I'm bored of you now, go away silly troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

TBH we just need to round everyone who tucks their tracksuit pants into their socks and bludgeon them with a shovel.

I honestly think if this happened, crime could be halved within the year.

also anyone who wears a cap with the peak pointing up at a 45 degree angles, with a ratty little fringe and bumfluff moustache, oh and nothing says classy like wearing a Pennys vest tucked into tracksuit bottoms

This town needs Batman, he could make some kind of scumbag repellent spray, think of it as the anti-Lynx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Kess73 wrote: »
    It spilled out into the car park after the Gardai left the centre and left the scum in the centre. The scum went on a bit of a spree kicking mirrors off of parked cars and breaking car windows. So people who were just in the centre shopping will be coming out to find their cars vandalised and have no comeback on it.

The only positive is that they hurt no normal people whilst they were fighting in the centre, and I used the word normal on purpose because those scum are nowhere near normal. A few familiar faces in their pack too. They would be well known to people who work in the Crescent, and will most likely be back again tomorrow for another day of robbing because the Caseys and the Bolands can do what they like in Limerick.

I am sorry that they did not turn on the gardai though, because a few good hidings may actually force the gardai to start putting a few of them away. Fighting in a public place where it is all on camera is an arrestable offence, but instead our gardai just gave them a talking to.

are you serious? I though it may have been gang/feud related. So the gardai were there scribbling notes, and the scumbags were standing around them talking, and the gardai do nothing? the law needs to change. the only language those scum understand is a hiding from the gardai.seriously, it's gone beyond a joke at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

seachto7 wrote: »
    are you serious? I though it may have been gang/feud related. So the gardai were there scribbling notes, and the scumbags were standing around them talking, and the gardai do nothing? the law needs to change. the only language those scum understand is a hiding from the gardai.seriously, it's gone beyond a joke at this stage...

Yeah I am serious in that is what happened, and if you look back through the thread you will see another poster who brought it up also.

The whole incident was captured on the mall security cameras, Gardai were there and did speak with the guys who were throwing punches and kicks, and it went no further than some note taking. Then the gardai left, and the still angry scum were left there, with ordinary people all around, to go back to what they were doing which was fighting and damaging other people's cars and roaring abuse at people trying to shop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's not the law needing to change, that's Gardai procedure needing to change. They laws were already in place for them to make arrests if they chose to. For whatever reason they chose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Could you answer the question that I posed? Rather than ignore it.
    Could you do the same for me please and thanks?
    EDIT: Post #210

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

iguana wrote: »
    That's not the law needing to change, that's Gardai procedure needing to change. They laws were already in place for them to make arrests if they chose to. For whatever reason they chose not to.

can't for the life of me understand why they didn't arrest anyone. targets not soft enough probably...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

can't for the life of me understand why they didn't arrest anyone. targets not soft enough probably...

Can't be ar5ed doing the paperwork I suppose.

zuroph wrote: »
    Could you do the same for me please and thanks?
    EDIT: Post #210

Sorry I didn't see that post. The thread has gone very fast. What do you want me to say? I don't respond to gossip central. It's like news. You hear it, its up to you whether your store it or discard it.

It's why I feel liberated and not contained by negativity. I don't see the pointing in "bitching" about bad news. It doesn't do anything.

If a man got murdered tomorrow in Dublin. What actual good is broadcasting it all over Ireland, you can't change the fact, why air the laundry? All sorts of things go unnoticed in many homes, such as abuse, rape etc. Starvation throughout the world, yet these topical issues never hits the headlines does it. We have all become so intolerant and ungrateful. We seem to sometimes forget just how lucky a lot of us are. We seem to forget that Limerick has facilities located here that a lot of small cities in England don't have.

What good is broadcasting the war in Afghanistan, what good can we do over there when we hear the news. What good is RTE doing broadcasting the fued of the ganglands and railing the negativity factor to a national level. You don't see RTE doing anything to help or come up with a balance point of view.. Why Its "exciting news" and "headlines" It's a vent off. Like the way people behave on this thread. Let's bitch about places. Let's bring down the whole show because I feel unhappy. The OP may had a bad day and may not feel so pleasant about certain things in Limerick. But maybe he doesn't bring any positivity towards Limerick. This is exactly the problem with people in general. When someone is unhappy they tend to shift the focus on bringing a group or place down with them. Now the focus is about making sure this thread ends in the same faith.

Some lack of awareness is really scarce in people these days and its almost disturbing.

All you can do is change yourself. When you change yourself the universe will follow suit eventually. No point in pointing fingers hoping to god everything that sucks in the universe is going to change because some of you are going to have a hissy fit over it. I think a lot of people are seriously forgetting this fact. It's second nature to always blame the typcial scumbag and the locality where you grew up in. Just to add I don't watch T.V or news. It's really bad for the mind. You will find this out when you stop paying attention to it.

As for what happened in the question. I would ask you to post up an article of that incident. A lot of people are posting a lot of crap and scaremongering on this thread.

I am intrigued as to why you want my opinion on it. It sounds like rhethorical question to be honest. "Oh look at happened in the crescent, let's bitch"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I find it hypocritical that you insist people face reality but then condemn the reporting of bad events anywhere

I find it hypocritical that you insist people face reality but then condemn the reporting of bad events anywhere

I find your question pointless, As this is what you wanted. A negative answer. Oh lets bitch about what happened in the Crescent. While other people might not see your original intention in getting my reaction. I am not fooled by it.

I answered your question. I've already taken note that bad things happen in places. I've explained why they happen and how they happen. It is also reality. We don't live in a crime free world.

I focus on balance. When You focus on the negative you will get a negative response.

So again I ask you, what do you want me to say about this incident? Limerick is a bad city. There is a core problem here and I don't think you see it. I wouldn't want to start telling you, because I think your old enough to have sense and realise that reality is what you make of it............ To understand how you master reality is a bonus. ;)

Judging is something we love to do,

But when it comes to the self. We squirm like cowards. So yeah its exactly why people are in the comfort zone putting the focus on negative issues that exist "out there" "over there" " " on the news" "In Limerick" " In the crecent" " They made me do it" " I hate this place" " My sister made me do it"

But when someone comes on and reads this page they would be seeing just how many people are just been negative and unhappy in general. They need to get a good rant out of bringing a city down with them.

It's futile.

Each city has positive and negatives. Am I the only here you can see this?

• Advertisement

I never condemned anything.

Don't assume as to what I am thinking because you don't know.

Go out to the pub, and tell everyone about it. In other words, you don't fool me as you just want reaction rather than actual bringing the topic into a direction of going somewhere positive. I knew the reason why you raised this question and I knew you would have nothing to say or add anything constructive.

I believe that you are responsible for the world you live in. If you want to focus on the negative, then expect the consquences back to you also be in the negative. It's that simple.

So go ahead tell everyone and point fingers at everyone around you, you won't have many people around you to talk to then.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement