Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a small question....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Yep, same gun only definitely under the Irish limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Im jus starting airsoft and i heard the G36c is a good starter gun, im starting to skirmish whenever The compound opens because its the closest to me, anyway...
    Ive been looking around the different airsoft sites and the irish ones aswell, i was kinda weary about ordering online because of customs etc :rolleyes:
    But i seen the JG G36c on rsov and im just wondering is it the same on as on eirsoft?
    RSOV: http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1206

Eirsoft: http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=5

Thanks.

Welcome to airsofting in Ireland, both genuinely and in reference to the price premium.

I'm not sure whether the grace period of retailer licences not being issued yet is over but there is a new law recently passed which prevents personal imports, customs may impound and destroy an imported airsoft device. You should also ensure that its power is less than 1 joule as anything more is illegal here and you will not be permitted to play and may face an unpleasant encounter with some Gardai (who may well sympathise with your plight but it's their job).

In any case, the G36c is nice and that one is reasonably priced which is good because your first airsoft gun may not suit you. On the down side its made of ABS which doesn't interact well with flying BBs, but after playing for a while you'll either find you don't like G36s or you want a better one in which case its longevity only matters if you want to offload it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Beano7

the G3 is fairly reliable but MIA have a nice stock of classic army SLV M15s that are a nice price and fairly reliable, im a sniper and personaly i prefer that role compared to the assault, its down to what you want to be really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Welcome to airsoft!
    I think Leftyflip means the G36 on RSOV will be over Irish power limits.

Also another thing, if your only looking to buy it from RSOV because it seems cheaper you should think again. The shipping will cost €70 for 3-6 days or if your willing to wait 10-12 weeks (yes weeks) you can get it shipped for €30.

You most likely don't want to wait 10-12 weeks to get it, so that'll be €70 for shipping plus €60 for the gun (yes I'm using round figures), thats €130. As the gun will be over our power limits you will have to get it downgraded (If RSOV do downgrades) which will be another fee on top of that say €10. Your total is now €140 and thats only if it customs don't charge you VAT (and they will) so thats another 25% (which includes the couriers handling fee). So your grand total is now €175.

Not so cheap anymore, is it?

The reason I can tell you this, is I did the exact same thing when I started airsoft :D. Trust me its not worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Thanks for everyones reply so fast :O
    So stonewolf what ur sayin is that customs may stop it from being let into the country ?

EDIT: Oh thanks dreadlock, never really seen it that way :P, glad i posted on here before i bought it haha
    Think i might just buy a double eagle m83 off a fella down the road from me, is that any gun any use ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Don't buy anything by CA as a first gun, it'll give you a bad opinion of the quality of airsoft guns. Buy something by JG or Dboys that won't require much maintenance(unlike a CA). The JG G36c/k is pretty much the universally recommended starter gun, it's reliable, durable and has good accuracy and rof from the box. It won't let ya down:)

yeah i guess, but then again like i said im a sniper so im crap when it comes to using AEGs, but if ur looking for snipers i can give you a good input:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Thanks for everyones reply so fast :O
    So stonewolf what ur sayin is that customs may stop it from being let into the country ?

EDIT: Oh thanks dreadlock, never really seen it that way :P, glad i posted on here before i bought it haha
    Think i might just buy a double eagle m83 off a fella down the road from me, is that any gun any use ?

No problem at all, glad I could help!

I can't really say anything about the Double Eagle m83, but I do have a Double Eagle UMP and the only problems I've had with it are a result of my own doing (opening up the gearbox and not putting it back together right ;)).

I would highly recommend the JG G36 from Eirsoft. It is probably one of the best starter guns. It is rock solid and you won't have any problems with it and if you do all you have to do is drop it back into Eirsoft and they'll look after it for you. (Thats another thing you couldn't do if you bought it from RSOV).

Alright thanks a million lads, mucho gracias :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

to be honest this aeg isn't great , i picked one up for my little brother off the for sale section here as i didn't want to give him anything too expensive or powerful. Don't get me wrong , it's brillient craic but not good quality , and shoots circa 250fps ish, you would be beter off investing in the G36c.

• Advertisement

Alright thanks lads, what would i need for my first skirmish if i did start up airsoft ?
    2 batterys, couple of mags etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

A pair of boots is worthwhile, help keep you from rolling an ankle on rough ground.

Apart from that anything else you'll need is rentable, including an AEG. First thing you might want to pick up for yourself (after your shooty-stick of course) is eye or face protection, because then it's yours and you can adjust it to fit right, sweat into it all you like and won't need to rent anything at all anymore.

Once you get into it, if you do get into it, there's a world of camouflage clothing, smart battery chargers, reflex sights, load bearing vests, low-capacity magazines, radios, gas blow-back pistols, grenades and funny hats to consume your wealth at your leisure.

Alright thanks lads.
    The g36 looks deadly but i seen the DE UMP and its slightly cheaper as i dont have lots to spend, would anybody reccomend it or would it just be good for CQB.
    Sorry for all the stupid questions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The ump can be hard to get mags for I think, its unusual but thats a plus if you do get the mags. Though I don't know if you can get mid caps for it, which you'd probably want eventually.

G36 the mags are fat and awkward to get a vest for, can be annoying unless you get really big pouches.

Anything jing gong, dboys, kalash, later model cymas are good starters.

Decent boots will stop you breaking an ankle, one decent battery from somewhere like component-shop.co.uk will last a day no bother, and you can have the crap batt that came with the gun as backup.

1-2 hi-caps will be enough to play a few games, you'll want a vest and mid caps after awhile for realism and look but it isnt needed for a while, I had a dboys m4 and 2 hi-caps for a while before I got some dacent looking aeg :D

Think ill just go with a m4 or something like that, ive heard there good for gettin accesories for too which is a plus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The dboys m4 is such a good gun. Shoots great and internals are rock solid.Great price and stocked in eirsoft. The amount of accessories available is unreal and very good gun to get brave with eventually... thinks like rewiring and the likes.

Have new foregrip, stock, laser, extra rails, carry handle, reflex sight etc all done to mine and its my fav gun.

The veritable Honda civic of airsoft lol :D

Think i shall go with that so :)
    I take it its the one for 160 ? Do they do any second hand ones in eirsoft ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

No but you could scout adverts for one, they are common as muck lol!

Just be sure to ask about use and condition, some second hand guns are in rag order.

But the thing about a new gun is its under warranty from retailers here, so no worries about a lemon or dodgy gun ruining your fun.

Yeh i suppose ur right, thanks a million lads for all the info :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Also thinking about getting my fist gun here. Just a few Q's about the gun mentioned above.
    Does the Dboys m4 have metal internals? Also, is the m4 s-system different to the m4 a1?

• Advertisement

Also thinking about getting my fist gun here. Just a few Q's about the gun mentioned above.
    Does the Dboys m4 have metal internals? Also, is the m4 s-system different to the m4 a1?

Yep, it has metal internals, everything that should be metal is and nope it's essentially the same gun with a different front end:)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Blay wrote: »
    Yep, it has metal internals, everything that should be metal is and nope it's essentially the same gun with a different front end:)
    Thanks

Another question :rolleyes:
    Would it be hard for me to buy an AEG as im only 15 ?
    Thanks

Another question :rolleyes:
    Would it be hard for me to buy an AEG as im only 15 ?
    Thanks

Yep, you have to be 18+ or have parental permission:)

Ah sure im sure i can drag the mother along :P

yeah just get your mam to go, thats what i did im 15 too, if your going to get a second battery for it i have a new one lying around if you want it

Yeh i might do that, where do u skirmish normally?

i usually go to rathbeggan because its fairly close, bought it for 25 and hasnt been used, il give i to you for 20? where are you based?

Im in finglas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Ah sure im sure i can drag the mother along :P
    A lot of shops wont sell to the under 16, with or without parental consent, and when your mother finds out till you're 18. she is legally responsible for that aeg, she will likely walk out... If you misuse it, she could do jail time if she buys it for you...

Advertisement