Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges not specified by Telco service provider.

Options
  • 16-09-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Changed phone/broadband service providers on 14th July and received a bill from UTV Internet which included 29.99 (extra charge) for disconnection of broadband. Apparently this information is not in the Terms and Conditions but in the "Legal section". Before using a company check for hidden charges guys.
    Not a happy bunny at all. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I believe this is a charge that Eircom impose (U.TV just resell).

The thing with U.TV is they only charge you when you leave. Other ISPs factor this cost into the monthly charge so by the end of 12 months you have actually paid your 30 euros anyway (even if you don't leave the service). This is one of the reasons U.TV are a bit cheaper than the other resellers.

I thought the same as you before I did some digging. It's really not bad, at least you only pay it when you leave (if you leave) rather than pay it regardless with other providers.

Advertisement