Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Unit Development- Suggestions for Service Provider for Annual Fire Check

Options
  • 16-09-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi

We are in a bit of limbo with no property agent and an uninterested developer as the director of the mngt company.

Hence we are sorting out our own issues, bills etc in the interim of getting the freehold/ property mngt co handed over to the owners rather than the developer.

In the meantime we need to get a Fire Check done on the blocks as it has not been done in two years so we are in urgent need.

We need something cheap but good.

Anyone any recommendations?

PS before everyone starts telling me all about the legal aspects of the proeprty mngt company etc - the owners have formed a residents committee and engaged a solicitor services so we are ok on the legal aspects
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

We were with Sharp for years but didn't find them much good so we changed to DML (DML Fire Systems Limited, 1 Oak Court Business Park, Oak Road, Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12. Ph: Tel: 01 4242410)

I've also heard good things about Fire Defense (6 Listullycurran Road, Dromore, Co. Down, Northern Ireland. BT25 1RB. Ph: 028 9269 0098) but I haven't dealt with them personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Thanks do you know how much they charge?

This is the quote we got from them in February 2008 when we changed. I think they check a quarter of the panels each visit meaning all panels are checked once a year.

Your quote will be different depending on your system, whether owners are there to let them into the apartments to check anything inside and the cost of replacing any broken units. We had to replace one control unit and about 20 detectors so it was quite expensive.
    The following quote is for service visits to the fire alarm system at the above development. It will consist of four quarterly visits & access to our 24 hour call out service.

Quantities:
    33 Blocks of apartments

System:
    1 four zone stand alone Gent Conventional Panel in each block

Detection:
    Each Panel supports between 12 & 17 devices.
    Combination of Gent Break Glass Units, Gent Heat Dets & Gent Optical Dets.

Price to maintain System: Annual Cost: €2520

Bloody Hell, thats dear.

:(

ALFIET wrote: »
    Bloody Hell, thats dear.

:(

It's for approx 260 apartments. How big is your estate?

• Advertisement

Note to self... read things thoroughly:D

I read 33 blocks... and thought 33 apartments...

only 28 units... in three blocks...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ALFIET wrote: »
    Note to self... read things thoroughly:D

I read 33 blocks... and thought 33 apartments...

only 28 units... in three blocks...

:p

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement