Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headsup on Superquinn blanch labelling "mistake"

Options
  • 16-09-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Was in superquinn yesterday and saw that they had some greenvalley chicken pieces and also some slices in their sale fridges which were reduced from 3.89 to 2.49, ok great i pick up two packs of the pieces and go to the self service checkout with the rest of my stuff. Rang through all my stuff and noticed when scanning the chicken pieces they were scanned at 3.89 and i thought possibly the adjustment is made afterwards before payment, checked my receipt and they were charged at full price.

Went to customer care and was told its only the slices that are on sale and not the pieces, asked why are they in the sale fridge and after inspecting the price label on shelf the slices only text is very small. Aparently they were put there by "mistake". Got some slices and my refund of the difference by in fairness a sound enough girl but still thought if that is not a mistake then its very sneaky.

Might pop back in later to see if they have moved the chicken pieces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got stung in tesco, they had birds eye southern fried chicken fillets on offer a 2 pack for €1.30. They had southern fried and plain breaded chicken, both the same range, same size, weight etc- so I wrongly presumed they were the same price. They were in the same section together and there was no price up indicating what the plain ones were.

I should have checked the labels more but I was stung in the end, since I got 4 southern and 1 plain packet but the girl rang them up as 3 southern 2 plain. Only noticed later and couldnt be arsed going back. €2.69 for the plain ones :mad:

Advertisement