Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not sure where to post this. Need some help with msn messenger webcam.

• 16-09-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

My image doesn't display in video calls. When I'm setting up the video options in the menu, the "preview" works and I can see myself, but when I go to start an actual video call, my image doesn't appear although I can see the other persons image. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from Laptops. I figure here is a better place for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Overblood wrote: »
    My image doesn't display in video calls. When I'm setting up the video options in the menu, the "preview" works and I can see myself, but when I go to start an actual video call, my image doesn't appear although I can see the other persons image. What am I doing wrong?
    Are you supposed to see your video?

(Haven't used msn video myself.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

can you see the usual display picture on the lower left of the chat window?

Also you dont say if the other person can see you.

Anyway in the lower left next to your display pic there is a little web cam icon click it and choose one of the options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Fixed it. The webcam that is built into the laptop was disabled in device manager. That seemed to affect it even though I was using an external webcam. I just enabled it again and it's working now.

Advertisement