Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farce in Dail Eireann

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Big Hair Burton should shut her cake hole and make her contribution afterwards.

This was after the speech when it was her turn to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I could hear her whiny Dub accent all though Lenihan's speech especially toward the end, she should have let the guy talk at least and let the people hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

What in the name of fcuk does that mean???

Why the agression?Flutter.

He/She meant that people should put pressure on the greens,FF TD's who have lost the whip or given it up(4 of them) and the Independents who are propping up the Govt,that perhaps their supporters should take to the streets to stop their apparent blind loyalty.

The FF whip sure has one hell of a job on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ther farce is FF and the Greens robbing the people blind, not a SF heckler

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ynotdu wrote: »
    ...He/She meant that people should put pressure on the greens,FF TD's who have lost the whip or given it up(4 of them) and the Independents who are propping up the Govt,that perhaps their supporters should take to the streets to stop their apparent blind loyalty.

The FF whip sure has one hell of a job on his hands.

Not really. Both men (Dr Jimmy Devins and Eamon Scanlon) who recently voiced opposition to FF, that they are in, have admitted that they are Fianna Fail men thru and thru. They will STILL be voting with the government on any issues of importance (or not).

2q8caqv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

I could hear her whiny Dub accent all though Lenihan's speech especially toward the end, she should have let the guy talk at least and let the people hear.

What the hell has her accent got to do with anything!!!

She was highlighting fcukin theft from me and from you!!!

She can go on a bit, but thank Christ someone is saying something:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Of course, but at least let the other person speak and let us make a judgment, instead of trying to act as the knight in shining armor.

Hi Biggins wrote a longer reply but boards went crazy on me.(software)

the writing was on the wall when the Govt won the vote by a comfortable majority as to the order of buisness.

resigining the whip is a great way to keep a TD's base happy whilst on the QT also keeping your party happy:)

it is also the most cowardly and cynical way a TD can act!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭optocynic

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of this "haircut" bull****; we've paid 7 - 8 billion OVER the value of the loans....that's NOT a "discount".

The banks should have been glad that NAMA was prepared to take their ****-ups off their books, period; no "based on future long-term guesswork is NOT ACCEPTABLE, ye comtemptible shower of Fianna Failure ****! :mad:

The banks ****ed up, and they should be the ones who get themselves out of their own mess; if they'd made a profit, would we have seen part of it ? NO!

I fully agree with you... but unfortunatley, letting the banks crash and burn is a far worse option...

ROCK - us - HARD PLACE

Manners are not the forte of the labour party!

Just mouthing!...

Lenihan may be waxing lyrical about his bold scheme, but he is still Minister of Finance.. have some class and let him finish!

• Advertisement

Ther farce is FF and the Greens robbing the people blind, not a SF heckler

A SF heckler is just an ignorant mouth piece looking for attention... like the bold brat down the back of the class..

Lets move on and ignore the fenian quarter wit!!!

The leaders statements today about three quaters of the seats were empty.

even though the truth is them being there in person would make very little diffrience what is wrong with the party leaders that they did not order their TD's to do so?We are constantly being told this is proably the most important debate in the history of the state,You would think they would have the cop on even for appearences sake to be in their seats!!!

Still no answer to the original question,Can a TD be removed by physical force?Anybody?

...Still no answer to the original question,Can a TD be removed by physical force?Anybody?

Don't quote me on this but I think by some old law, troops and state forces such as the Gardi are not allowed to enter the actual Dail.
    This has to do with an ancient law that forbids such state officials from supposedly hindering a TD from attending the Dail - as such might happen at a time of an attempted coup - and TD subsequently trying to stop/oppose such actions.

One slight off issue example:
    This law has been tested - I know personally of one TD who when stopped for being suspected of drink driving, told the Garda that he was on his way to the Dail.
    As such they could not arrest him, hinder him or even question him further.
    He attended the Dail, stayed there (I'm guessing, in the bar drinking sobering water/coffee) till his system was clear and returned home the next day.

Well thank You Biggins!Cheers for that and although you say don.t quote You on that,by instinct i bet You are right about the ancient law and the drunken(allegedly:D)TD.

Its roughtly the same principle as Caesar when he reached the "Rubicon" (for those that know their Roman history and geography).
    Once he/his troops crossed the (river) line, they were technically going against the Roman law of the Senate.

Biggins wrote: »
    Its roughtly the same principle as Caesar when he reached the "Rubicon" (for those that know their Roman history and geography).
    Once he/his troops crossed the (river) line, they were technically going against the Roman law of the Senate.

Well to be honest my Knowledge of Roman history is poor:o

but learning what the phrase 'crossing the Rubicon'is actually based on makes me glad i asked the question in the first place!

Cheers:)

Well to be honest my Knowledge of Roman history is poor:o

but learning what the phrase 'crossing the Rubicon'is actually based on makes me glad i asked the question in the first place!

Cheers:)

All part of the service. ;)

(Its also used as a reference to "crossing a point of no return".)

Biggins wrote: »
    All part of the service. ;)

(Its also used as a reference to "crossing a point of no return".)

Lol to all part of the service!:)

how appropiate to a thread about NAMA the reference: crossing the point of no return(possibly):D

"NAMA - The Irish Rubicon"

Advertisement