Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas crash if anyone wants to get some good pictures !?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

there's a few different angles on twitter atm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darragh/3926211414/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Placebo wrote: »

Pretty good view from that apartment in the twitterpic. I know Fionn who lives there and have gotten some nice pics from his place before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

the front of the luas really came apart, I guess its mostly glass, but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I love how people are just standing there gawking at it, wtf are they expecting to happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Rb wrote: »
    I love how people are just standing there gawking at it, wtf are they expecting to happen?

Watching the emergency services at work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Superman to drop down of Easons and fix everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

the front of the luas really came apart, I guess its mostly glass, but still

As far as I know, it's designed to crumple if it collides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Shhhhhh! or the place will be crawling with lawyers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Fajitas! wrote: »
    As far as I know, it's designed to crumple if it collides

Looking at some of the later photos the base of the tram did plenty of damage to the bus and the driver section was intact inside the bus. Both bus and tram must have been pretty fast for neither to react

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Watching the emergency services at work?
    I think it's more likely that they're waiting for dead bodies to be carried out than to be merely watching some guys clear up a wreckage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I think it's more likely that they're waiting for dead bodies to be carried out than to be merely watching some guys clear up a wreckage.

As an ex-fireman this is about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

On the last one, will you look at all the eejits taking photos. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

qwertz wrote: »
    On the last one, will you look at all the eejits taking photos. :rolleyes:

And blocking the way for emergency services. If it doesn't affect you personally walk on. Take it in to account and read about it in a newspaper or see it on the news. FFS.

This is rubbernecking in the most macabre way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

chin_grin wrote: »
    And blocking the way for emergency services. If it doesn't affect you personally walk on. Take it in to account and read about it in a newspaper or see it on the news. FFS.

This is rubbernecking in the most macabre way.

And how do we read it in the news if those people arent there documenting whats happeing and taking pictures.
    People are intruiged by it, let them look.
    Noone blocked the way for emergency services, im pretty sure people would move and not just stand there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Tallon wrote: »
    And how do we read it in the news if those people arent there documenting whats happeing and taking pictures.
    People are intruiged by it, let them look.
    Noone blocked the way for emergency services, im pretty sure people would move and not just stand there!

Indeed, I´d deffo be havin a good snoop if I was around. Looks brilliant.
    Anyone hurt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.garda.ie/PressReleases/Default.aspx
    Witness Appeal - Luas/Bus Crash on O'Connell Street, Dublin on the 16/9/09.

Anyone who was in the area of O’Connell Street Lower and Abbey Street junction between 2.50 p.m. and 3.15 p.m.

Gardai are appealing for witnesses to collision on O’Connell Street Lower, between a Luas tram and a Dublin Bus about 3.00 p.m. on the 16th of September, to contact them.

They would like to speak to anyone who was in the area of O’Connell Street Lower and Abbey Street junction between 2.50 p.m. and 3.15 p.m.

Gardai also believe that a number of passengers of the bus and the Luas may have left the scene before emergency services arrived and we would like them to contact us.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Store Street Garda station on 01 666 8000.

Garda Press Office
    17th September 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Product placement at its best :D:D:D

3931361484_7e8ee079a2_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Daz R1 wrote: »
    Product placement at its best :D:D:D

3931361484_7e8ee079a2_o.jpg

Nice photoshopping! ;)

Advertisement