Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Help Formula???

Options
  • 16-09-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Have the following spreadsheet information for a full year with following headings obviously a lot more than below.

Income Thur 31 Aug Fri 1 Sept Mon 4 Sept Tues 5 Sept Wed 6 Sept Thur 7 Sept
    Peter 2000 10000
    John 5000 25000
    David 1000 6000 3000
    Ed 2000 2000 2000

Cant get table to save properly but hopefully you get the idea of how spreadsheet looks.

I have tried pivot etc but because of dates as headings it won’t accept.

I no nothing of macros and want to avoid that route if possible.

I need to do this on a monthly basis i.e. for month of September I need to know the total for each client which is fine I can do a sum formula at the end of spreadsheet and just use the columns A2:Z2 etc for the whole month. (Period im after)

However what would be helpful is for E.g. Peter total is 30,000 if I could also have a formula that will tell me 1st September 20,000 and 6th September 10,000.

2nd example just incase I was not clear e.g. Ed total is 6,000, can it also show 4th sept 2,000 and 6th sept 2,000 and 7th Sept 2,000

As I need to do journal entries for these it helps to have dates and amounts otherwise I am manually copying and pasting the above information which can be time consuming and result in errors.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

It sounds like you don't know enough about Excel formulas. If you e-mail me at kincsem - eircom - net I'll send you an Excel file I prepared that might / might not match what you need. Your description of the data and problem is a bit vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

kincsem, you can attach the file to your post. I rather you did this as it keeps the flow of the thread and because the search engines will pick this thread up. If somebody comes looking for a solution then they'll have to email you to get one. (This is covered by the forum charter.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

This is the file

The Better worksheet is an improved version of an Excel file I sent earlier. Please accept my apology for infringing the rules. It is probably a while since I read the charter.

I just went back and read the charter as penance. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FMI

Hi Kinscem,

Thats brilliant, cant say thanks enough. This Boards.ie is a great thing and espically for the people on it, Kinscem very much apprecaited what you did and the time out you took to do it.:)

Thank You,

All the best,

Patrick

Advertisement