Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

accommodation website

• 16-09-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

in the local internet cafe trying to find the university accommodation list online. only getting the campus accommodation site, if someone could point me in the right direction in next few mins and save me having to try and find the accommodation office in the college it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

What accomadation list are you trying to find ?? This is the residence homepage: http://residence.nuim.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

thats the right website thanks but the local area listings can only be accessed from a computer using college network... you might ask why.... thats a big college to be wandering around like little boy lost looking for the accommodation office with a bus to catch this evening... they are only testing me... !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

5Aces wrote: »
    thats the right website thanks but the local area listings can only be accessed from a computer using college network... you might ask why.... thats a big college to be wandering around like little boy lost looking for the accommodation office with a bus to catch this evening... they are only testing me... !
    Meh, not surprised, the residence office seems to always do things ar*eways.

only two places jumped out on daft that were renewed within last 4 days. surely it cant be this hard to get a place for 90/week. heading to accommodation office now but if anyone has any other suggestions to find a place today post it here and i will check back on the mobile in a while. thanks.

went for a pint in bradys to look over accommodation list and see where i want to ring first. got chatting to the locals who were giving me great advice about the area. few pints later i realise my bus is leaving in an hour and i havent rang around. two numbers in the same area answered the phone, few mints and off i go. one house the guy wants to rent it as a unit even though i told him i was looking for a room for myself and was starting monday so after all this he says leave it with me if i don't fill it ill just get a family in. wander across the road to the other place and there is a woman and a lad in early 20s there. asked him if he was living there and he said no. woman gave me the tour ( 3 bed house, 2 twin & 1 single) and said the lad downstairs wanted the two twin rooms, grand ill look to take the single so. she charged 90 each last year for 5 people and they decided what bed they would take and i said that price was fine with me at 90 for the single room. arranged to talk later, seems a shrewd woman and wanted to talk to us separately. this is a small single to be fair and the bed looks like it could just about fit a child but it will do until i get a proper look around. on the bus back to galway hoping one of them took a shine to me when the woman rings me and says that the two lads dont want to pay full whack each for a twin room and would i be willing to pay another 20 or so for the single.... e110 for a box room... is she having a laugh? Seriously 90% of what was on the accommodation list was twin rooms... why dont they just throw a few rags down beside the fireplace and try to rent that as well. seems to be a town full of conwomen:)

Is all this cramped living the usual in maynooth or can i expect to get a better range of rooms in about a month?

• Advertisement
Advertisement