Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick photoshop question...

Options
  • 16-09-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

I have an image of orange sparks and I want to change the colour of the whole image to be based around my blue colour (#023d72). How would I do this? I tried overlaying a layer of blue and changing the opacity but it doesn't look right as the orange shows through...
    [IMG][/img]ddea796a10.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Funkytown

desaturate the bottom layer first, then try again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

one quick fix would be to just colourize the image like so

ddea796a10.jpg

method really depends on what you want to do with the image.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I created a new layer above the original. filled it with #023d72 and changed its blend mode to colour.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91048&stc=1&d=1253137686

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

Thanks a million lads, problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

The best way to do this for colour reproduction is to make your image grayscale, then duotone, select monotone and choose your colour. Convert your file back to the desired colour mode (RGB or CMYK) and you'll have the colour perfect file to match your colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Excuse my ignorance here (I'm no professional) but would it not be far easier to just go to the adjustments menue and select hue / saturation and just drag the slider over and back until you like the colour?

Thats what i usually do!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That can give awful artifacts with some images. It really depends on the situation.
    I generally find adustments layers and blend modes give better results.

Advertisement