Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Engineer (Wildfire 4.0)

Options
  • 16-09-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

I need to learn this package as part of work but there is
    no clear starting point or set of training tools other than
    the samples on their website.

The best guide I have found so far is this one.
    Does anyone here use this package ?

Comments

Ive used 3.0, I cant imagine that 4.0 would be much different. It depends on what you are using it for. Solid modeling or surface modeling? I learned it through college using college notes. These notes were just taken form the PTC webiste, similar to the ones you have linked. It can be complicated and fustrating at times bit if you stick to the notes you will have the basics in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Thanks for the comments Mark.

We looked at it again and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
    Going to give Solidworks a go first. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

Hi

I use Pro-E Wildfire 4.0 for Mold design, weird or what, (german comany) I agree that Solidworks is a good start, thats what I had to do, did you get a manual/notes in the form of a binder with the licence? can be very good to learn from, good luck with it, if I can help let me know,;)

sisu

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Zodiacc

Shiny wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments Mark.

We looked at it again and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
    Going to give Solidworks a go first. :)

Ive used Pro E and Solidworks over the years and Solidworks is a bit more user friendly, although when Wildfire came out it did improve on its predecessor ( Pro E2001) as a more easily used piece of kit. There are loads of free solidworks tutorials out there. If you got a binder with the licence then start with that.

Here are a couple of very good websites to help get you going on modelling

www.solidworkstutorials.com
    www.aboutsolidworks.com
    www.tutorialhero.com/view-694-solidworks_tutorials.php

Good Luck;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Anyone got a trial copy of Pro-E? Have an interview coming up and company use Pro-E. I've used SolidWorks for 3 years and have been told Pro-E is much more complicated to use. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot to get an idea and impress in the interview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement