Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do i tone down the red tones in newly dyed hair?

• 16-09-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

This isn't what you are proboably thinking!
    I'm not blonde with hair going brassy.

I was blonde with brassy hair until last week, now i am dark brown with a rich red tone. This results from the filler i guess.
    Its not the hairdressers fault, i knew i would get red tones, it was essential, but I really hate them as they don't suit my complexion. (I am naturally dark haired, with pale skin that has red patchs around the eyes, nose etc!)

So here the question: how do i tone these red tones in the hair down?! Is it just an ash toner, a specific shampoo range, or is it impossible?
    My natural colour is kind of flat dark brown and is what i am trying to return to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

To be honest, the red will fade very quickly anyway. Wash every day for a week and it'll be far lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

wash with head&shoulders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Aveda Black Malva Shampoo and Conditioner is designed for this and is really great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Sallyanne3

I've already done the head and shoulders, it actually brought the red tone up more.But as first person said it is settling down, just not enough! I'm defo goin to get the aveda, thanks Arthur!

In my joy at a solution i forgot to ask where can i get aveda shampoo?! is it in boots?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I got the same thing done recently OP and believe me the red tones faded very very quickly, give it a week or two and you hair will be a totally different colour.
    In a matter of weeks mines gone from dark red/brown chestnut to a brassy looking light brown/blonde :/ Thank god i'm going to the hairdresers tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Thinking of doing the same to my hair, tired of being a weird yellow/blonde colour! Does the colour fade really quickly? :eek: I'm afraid I'll end up kind of bronze coloured?! You know the way dyed blonde hair doesn't really take dye too well...! Would love to be brunette!

They add a filler to make ur hair take the brown (Or else you would go greenish) The filler is red a s brown contains red tones.

I went dark brown but my hair always holds red too much, and it doesn't suit me! But yes the red is fading slightly, but mine defo won't wash out!My head likes being dark and natural too much.

Once again is there anywhere except salons where i can get the Aveda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

I previously bought it through a Whetstone salon in Dublin but I think they have it in Dept stores, BT, House of Fraser..I'm sure it can always be found online easily enough. It's pricey enough so maybe just try the conditioner if you're on a budget. It's black in colour but don't be put off it really works ... see these reviews for more tips http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=62965/Black_Malva_Shampoo_and_Conditioner/Aveda/Shampoo

Cheers again arthur,I'll be into town and hittin BT on saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

I regularly dye my hair red, trust me it fades quickly ;) give it a few weeks and it'l be gone!

Advertisement