Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prenatal Pilates Dvd

• 16-09-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I've been doing advanced pilates for over a year now and I need to change to a prenatal version. Has anyone come across a good dvd that they would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Lindsey Jackson's "Pilates in Pregnancy" - it's a before and after work out, got good reviews on Amazon. I've just ordered it for myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

Is the dvd any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Well I enjoy it and find it very good but I'm not at your level so impossible to determine whether it would suit you or not.

She gives a lot of guidance as to how to do the movements which - as an advanced student - you may find too slow, but then again if you're not aware of what moves you can/can't do at different stages of your pregnancy then it would be good for that.

It's divided up into 4 sections, warm-up, early pregnancy where you can still lie on your back (this is the bit i'm at) - there's about 12 moves in this section and it takes around 30 minutes to do, late pregancy section where you can no longer lie on your back, and then finally the after birth section.

This last section isn't anything new really, it's about exercising your pelvic floor muscles and ab muscles so you'd be already aware of them - this section is only 3 moves and is probably aimed more at the total novice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Corcaigh abu

Hi my pilates teacher recommended the APPI ante natal pilates dvd. Google APPI and go the store section on their site. They are out of it on amazon. haven't gotten around to getting it yet myself!!! But the site looks v.professional

• Advertisement
Advertisement