Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times you had no problems

Options
  • 16-09-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

I remember when I had a stammer I would be focussing so much on what I had said, where I had gone wrong, and this led me into a negative feed and it's only now that I can see that had I done more to distract myself and think positively during those times, I would have been a lot happier and perhaps been more fluent even sooner.

I didn't pat myself on the back enough when something had gone well for me- a phonecall, reading in class, etc. Yeah I was thrilled to bits at those times, but so soon after I'd be worrying about the next call, the next time I had to read in class.

What times have you got one over your problem and what do you think was the reason (if you know)., e.g. were you more relaxed, were you tired, were you so empassioned about what you said you forgot you had a stammer?

Would love to hear guys.

Advertisement