Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help unlocking my sony ericsson k770i

• 16-09-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I just got a vodafone ericsson k770i mobile phone and unfortunatly im with meteor
    Does anyone know if i can unlock it so i can use my meteor sim card in it
    Do i need an unlocking code? also if anyone knows where i could find the unlocking code online id be very grateful
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

A4 wrote: »
    I just got a vodafone ericsson k770i mobile phone and unfortunatly im with meteor
    Does anyone know if i can unlock it so i can use my meteor sim card in it
    Do i need an unlocking code? also if anyone knows where i could find the unlocking code online id be very grateful
    Thanks

If you've already tried your Meteor sim card in the Vodafone handset and it is advising that it is network locked, then you will need an unlocking code if you wish to use other network sim cards. There is information on companies who can unlock Sony Ericsson handsets, for a price, in the FAQs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 A4

It says insert correct sim card and i cant get past that screen
    Does that mean i cant use this phone with any other network sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A4 wrote: »
    It says insert correct sim card and i cant get past that screen
    Does that mean i cant use this phone with any other network sim?

Until you get it unlocked

Can i do that myself or will i have to bring it somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you ask vodafone? Or get the person you got the phone from to ask them for the code.

If not, go to an unlocking shop and get it done in a few minutes.

• Advertisement

Ok that sounds great
    Will vodafone have any problems giving me the code?
    Will i tell them that i will be using it with a diffrent network or will that make them not give it to me?
    Is the customer care number 24 hours? or will i have to wait till tomorrow until i can phone them?
    Thanks a lot for your help

Advertisement