Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eyebrow shape?

• 16-09-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

hi there...

i really need a good eyebrow shape. the eyebrows ive had went too far back from the top of my nose and ive let the hairs grow back and want to get them done really well in a way that will flatter my face and be tidy (i have very dark eyebrows)... are there any professionals out there?

any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

LauraLoo wrote: »
    hi there...

i really need a good eyebrow shape. the eyebrows ive had went too far back from the top of my nose and ive let the hairs grow back and want to get them done really well in a way that will flatter my face and be tidy (i have very dark eyebrows)... are there any professionals out there?

any recommendations?

Get them threaded, the shape is fantastic when you get your brows threaded. I'm a complete convert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Where can you get them threaded? And how painful is it exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

i also get nothing but threading - its brilliant the best shape i ever had.
    I get mine in city centre on dorset st ... I go there for everything really :rolleyes:

Pain is very bearable...a row of hairs getting plucked at the same time - so its very quick, much less painful than waxing and much faster and cleaner than plucking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Shavata in Dundrum.Their the eyebrow experts.
    http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=6283

I got my eyebrows done in Shavata in Harrods a few years ago. It was the most amazing shape ever,they know exactly what suits Your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭NotSoDumbBlonde

i also get nothing but threading - its brilliant the best shape i ever had.
    I get mine in city centre on dorset st ... I go there for everything really :rolleyes:

Pain is very bearable...a row of hairs getting plucked at the same time - so its very quick, much less painful than waxing and much faster and cleaner than plucking.

Wow - these guys are so reasonable!? Is there a catch!? I know that sounds bad but usually when places are relatively cheap, the standard isnt great! I will defo try here if it's good!!

• Advertisement

cAr0l wrote: »
    Where can you get them threaded? And how painful is it exactly?

I get my eyebrows and upper lip done and it costs €30.00 for both. I don't find it that painful on the eyebrows and a little more on the lip area but I have a high pain threshold. My sister who is a total baby about pain gets it done too but thinks that the few minutes it hurts for are more than worth it for the result.
    I've gone to the Mandala Spa on Dawson St and BeautyPlus beside Debenhams in the shopping centre in Blanchardstown to get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

NotSoDumbBlonde - i haven't found any catch yet :) it is a very good salon, i think its just cheap because its a small family run salon but everything is a very good standard, i've sent many friends there and everyone liked the service they got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Mandala Spa do a fantastic eyebrow threading, €20 and well worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Do you need to let your eyebrows grow a while before getting them threaded? I've plucked mine for years and haven't much to show for it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Well the more you have the better but they can probably start shaping it correctly for you so that you dont pluck the ones you need in the future and youll get the shape gradually that you want!

• Advertisement

fifomania wrote: »
    Do you need to let your eyebrows grow a while before getting them threaded? I've plucked mine for years and haven't much to show for it! :rolleyes:

You're advised not to pluck your eyebrows for 2 weeks prior to getting them threaded. This is to make sure that as much of the hair as possible is taken out and the shape lasts for longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

Is threading more expensive than waxing? Presumably it takes more skill and training so I'm worried they might charge extra to reflect this!
    Also does anyone know somewhere in Cork where they do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Blue Daisy on Oliver Plunkett Street do threading. Haven't used them myself though yet, but saw that they do it when I was searching for threading before in Cork. I ended up just learning myself though, its quite easy once you get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

i went to brazialia on south william street in the end. after a bit of googling it had alot of reviews about it being great. i booked in with louise and she did a fantastic job in reshaping them, so much so, im not hiding behind my fringe!

the only thing i found a turn-off is that they have a cancelation policy and you have to give your credit card in advance in case you dont turn up for your appointment. I was late (couldnt find the place and traffic was bad) and missed my slot and so i would have been charged other than they could squeeze me in the afternoon. I would go again but just for all to be aware- their cancellation policy is strict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Love at Whetstone on Parliament Street is AMAZING...she's a make up artist so she's got a really good sense of the proportions of your face, and if she's not busy she'll give you a make-up touch up too!

Advertisement