Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet recommendation, Glasnevin area.

Options
  • 16-09-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping someone can recommend a good & kind vet in the general Glasnevin area?

Thanks,
    Jessie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

We bring our dogs to J.J Fox (I know, what a name for a vet) in Finglas village. Never had any issues, he seems like a friendly guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    We bring our dogs to J.J Fox (I know, what a name for a vet) in Finglas village. Never had any issues, he seems like a friendly guy.
    Agree with you, he's been our vet for our cats for years, he's excellent with them and is really gentle. He's also a homoeopathic vet and will use homoeopathic remedies where indicated.
    I can definitely recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I have also switched to J Fox in Finglas - found him very down to earth and gave my animals great attention which is more than I can say for the local competition.

I also found him very structured when addressing a problem of unknown origin - while others flaffed and flipped around possible causes, he suggested a course of action to work out the source of the problem which I really appreciated.

Also found the local competition were constantly on the upsell which gets pretty old pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

believe it or not we have been to him and think he's great, a lovely man. The only problem is that he only prescribes liquid remedies that need to be syringed into mouth and jessie does not syringes! No one brave enough to try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

snollup wrote: »
    believe it or not we have been to him and think he's great, a lovely man. The only problem is that he only prescribes liquid remedies that need to be syringed into mouth and jessie does not syringes! No one brave enough to try again.
    I've always found it very easy to administer the liquid meds, sometimes even when my cat is sleeping. Just slowly dribbling the liquid in at the side of her mouth, she immediately starts licking it and manages to swallow it all.
    If you have to, hold her and try the syringe at the side of the mouth, not straight in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Botanic Veterinary Hospital (just down the road from Botanic gardens)- very highly recommended, very committed staff. Patient care is excellent, all modern facilities and diagnostics, vets who are up to date with advances in veterinary medicine. A great practice. Good support out of hours also if you ever have an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ado86 wrote: »
    Botanic Veterinary Hospital (just down the road from Botanic gardens)- very highly recommended, very committed staff. Patient care is excellent, all modern facilities and diagnostics, vets who are up to date with advances in veterinary medicine. A great practice. Good support out of hours also if you ever have an emergency.

We use them too and find them brilliant. Depending where abouts in Glasnevin you are their Santry Cross/Ballymun clinic might be nearer?

Advertisement