Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

study abroad

Options
  • 16-09-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Ive just started 1st year arts, doing economics, politics and history and was wondering about oppurtunities to study abroad for a year/term next year. Does anyone know how to go about organising this or has anyone been that is doing my subjects?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Think it adds a year on to make it a 4 year degree, and that you go away on your 3rd year. I'm probably wrong on that one though!

Jaysus, ya do 2 out of 3 same subjects as meself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Think it adds a year on to make it a 4 year degree, and that you go away on your 3rd year. I'm probably wrong on that one though!

Jaysus, ya do 2 out of 3 same subjects as meself

AFAIK, you can take one semester out of 2nd year and go away on Erasmus- still ends up being the same 3 year degree. If you take the international option, you take a full year in between 2nd and 3rd year.

It really depends on the degree though and I only know the ins and outs for a 4 year degree like B&L so I can't be certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Ive just started 1st year arts, doing economics, politics and history and was wondering about oppurtunities to study abroad for a year/term next year. Does anyone know how to go about organising this or has anyone been that is doing my subjects?

cheers

You can go away for your third year. Then you come back and do your final year, so it makes it a 4 year course (you'll get a BA International). There's exchanges organised by various departments, if you look at the Politics, Economics and History websites they'll have a list of places you can go.

Advertisement