Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 mobile broadband problems in Rush

Options
  • 16-09-2009 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

anyone else having problems with o2 mobile broadband in rush? network keeps changing to searching and hangs like that indefinitely. myself and my neighbour are both experiencing this, we're living just off the main street. O2 don't seem to have a notion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you are using the usb modem you can to ask in the midband forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

thanks davy, have put a post in midband too but am wondering specifically about the issue in the rush area hence the ncd post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i am using the "3" mobile broadband.

its inconsistent to say the least. sometimes it wont even connect.

so it could be just the coverage of mobile braodband in the area.

turns out it was a problem with the E220 modems, couldn't be bothered waiting an age for o2 to sort it so i upgraded the modem and now the connection is back and a fairly decent speed.

e220?
    is that the white one with the green/ blue light in it?

• Advertisement

yea the old white one, they have a new white one out at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Issues with the e220 can be resolved by downloading & installing the updated firmware from the O2 website. I did this 2 weeks ago & it worked like a dream & cost me nothing.

firmware update. must look into that.

unfortunately it didn't work for me but its certainly worth a go. btw you can only update the firmware from a windows pc

Advertisement