Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assistance with my interrailing route

• 16-09-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Looking into planning my route for next summer already. Will be me and the girlfriend, possibly with another couple. Thinking of this as our route

Fly into Prague, stay there for about 3 days
    Train to Munich, stay there for 3 days
    Train to Salzburg/Vienna, stay for a couple of days. This is still very much a maybe. Places to stay are pricey in Austria and i have the feeling it may be a tad broing.
    Train to Bled/Ljubjana in Slovenia and stay there for a few days,
    Onto Italy. Not sure where to go in itayl, but the girlfriend really wants to go to Venice, id kinda prefer the longer trip to Rome and then stay there for about 3 days.

How does this look to all you interrailers??? Any changes you would make. Any help would be great:D

Probably getting the 10 day global ticket

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Vienna is expensive, and I found it dreadfully boring. Innsbruck is nice if you want the alpine experience.

Slovenia is a great place, you can get to Bled from Ljubjana in about 2 hours by bus if you want to base yourself in the capital. The adventure sports are really good value there compared to Ireland, and are professionally ran.

A couple of days in Florence is always nice, and is between Venice and Rome, so why not.

Rome is class, heaps to see there, the food is stunning, nightlife not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Thanks for the help Ironman. Perhaps ill just bypass Austria. We have no real interest in winter sports and are on a tight enough budget. Maybe Florence and Rome would be better options. I know my gf is going to force me to stay in Venice though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

I agree with Ironman, I went interrailing last May/June and left out Vienna to go to Bosnia&H instead, don't regret it for a second! Only thing I would say is journey from Slovenia to Italy is potenially a bitch - I was travelling in the other direction, and, considering the 2 countries border each other, there is no direct rail or bus connection (least not one I found!) - I went from Florence to Venice on the train, got a bus from Venice (mainland) to Villach in Austria, then got the train from there to Ljubljana. Was told by a Slovenian man on that train that it was possible to get bus/train to Trieste then go across the border from there, but that also involves a number of bus transfers!

Advertisement