Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The First Division Run In

• 16-09-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

Things are starting to get interesting as we come into the business end of the season in the first division.

How do you feel your team will do coming into the last 8 or 9 games.

Personally im hoping we maintain our recent good form and I hope that will be enough to get us automatic promotion. I wonder how important our last game against Shels will prove to be?
    The final day has UCD against Waterford. How important will that fixture be when it comes to seeing who finishes where.
    Shels play Kildare away. Could the champions be crowned two years in a row at Kildare.
    We have Athlone at home. Which hopefully wont be the most difficult of games to win. Im sure shels thought the same about limerick last year.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Nah we knew Limerick would be difficult, a draw in Fingal and we'll win the league. A defeat would open it right up. Thats not to say for a second that I want us to play for a draw, if we do we're more likely to be beaten, we've already shown we're capable of beating Fingal.

Think UCD and Waterford will be fighting it out for 3rd upto the last day and that game could nearly be a playoff quarterfinal of sorts. I'll say Shels 1st, Fingal 2nd, UCD 3rd, with the Premier playoff side to stay up, unless its Bray in which case I think Fingal will go up through the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Once we get promoted I don't give a flying feck how (go easy on me please and no play-offs:D).

I can see us winning it, and well I think with the amount of matches Waterford have coming up they might fade into the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Once we get promoted I don't give a flying feck how (go easy on me please and no play-offs:D).

I can see us winning it, and well I think with the amount of matches Waterford have coming up they might fade into the distance.

Hope to funk you're right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Blues to fade as the fixtures pile up in the league, but console themselves with a historic League Cup and FAI Cup double!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Any word on when the waterford/shels game is to be played.

• Advertisement

Any word on when the waterford/shels game is to be played.

Not yet, thought it would have been next week but Waterford probably wouldn't have wanted that with the League Cup Final that weekend.

Been set for the 6th Oct. Biggest week for Shels in the last few years at least, UCD, Waterford and Fingal all in 7 days.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fingal to win it. We're sh1t. Us second, hopefully then we beat Pats in a play off, that would make my year.

Been set for the 6th Oct. Biggest week for Shels in the last few years at least, UCD, Waterford and Fingal all in 7 days.:(

What:eek: I thought it was bad us playing kildare, wexford and Harps in 7 days.
    Thats shocking. For yous, not us of course:D

Two of those games are away right, us and Waterford? Yous also have a few injuries at the moment aswell, would....................... sorry just had to compose myself (trying to wipe the grin off my face;)) Right im back. Would any of them be back for that week.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Fingal to win it. We're sh1t. Us second, hopefully then we beat Pats in a play off, that would make my year.

Hopefully but im not so sure this cup run wont undo us.

• Advertisement

Two of those games are away right, us and Waterford?

I think of an away game as a advantage to the home side when they have fans, therefore yourselfs and Monghan don't count.:P

I think of an away game as a advantage to the home side when they have fans, therefore yourselfs and Monghan don't count.:P

Or Waterford recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I can see us winning it,

:eek::rolleyes:

You jinxing bastard.

If Shels don't win the league I'll kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

any of them be back for that week.

Baker and Cassidy are out for the the majority of the season afaik so no.

Not too sure about Doherty myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

lol, Waterford designated the away side for the cup final.

Awh tits. Robbed but sure there's nothing knew, one of the worse refs I think we've had in our time in the first division.

Great results. And then there was 3:D

Cant believe we went 2 nil down to kildare. Great comeback though.

Where you there? how did yous play??

We were shocking last night, Limerick were worse, Stephen O'Flynn is still some player.

Stephen O'Flynn is still some player.
    ...and a c*nt.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

lol, Waterford designated the away side for the cup final.

What is "lol" about that? :confused:

Before almost any cup final there is a toss of the coin (or drawing of lots) to decide who gets to wear the home strip (in case of a clash) and who gets the home dressing room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Waterford back into the mix

Where you there? how did yous play??

We were shocking last night, Limerick were worse, Stephen O'Flynn is still some player.

Wasnt at this one. I get from the reports it was a bit of a mixed performance from us. I guess the cup had a part to play in that. A few injuries and suspensions as well didnt help. Paisley, Frost, Fitzgerald, Williams where all missing but in saying that, its no excuse to let kildare go 2 up. Just happy to see the lads show some fighting spirit again. Im starting to think the shels defeat might not have been the worst result for us. It seems to have galvanised the team and we are playing some great stuff.

Wexford Youths you gems, you may have raped us in the past in matches but thanks for that lovely win tonight.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Wexford Youths you gems, you may have raped us in the past in matches but thanks for that lovely win tonight.;)
    Yeah, great result tonight! We may be f'ing up but so are the others and our points in the bag will start looking good now!

sd08 wrote: »
    Yeah, great result tonight! We may be f'ing up but so are the others and our points in the bag will start looking good now!

Yup and hopefully we can bag +3 against Mervue so we get that goal difference better than UCD's, but if going by the last thing we played Mervue in Galway I ain't looking forward to this trip on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

sd08 wrote: »

Are you a youths fan? I could kiss you! Fantastic result:D

Quint wrote: »

Shels I presume.

Also, attendance of 232? Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Don't think we can win it. Shels to win, with us and Fingal trailing.

• Advertisement

Terrible result for us. One of the worst games I have ever witnessed. The cup games have really taken it out of us and it showed on monday. Fair play to wexford, they came with a gameplan and it worked. Im hoping the lads will have rested enough come Friday but im worried.

DSB wrote: »
    Also, attendance of 232? Seriously?

323 :P

Haha extratime had it as 232. Weird.

That's because extratime didn't include the 50 civil defence lads and lassies, the 10 ball boys, the 10 stewards, the people in the ticket office, the mascot, the Wexford fans bus driver and the few people working in the bar, etc...:D

Or. Now Im just going to throw this out there. They made a mistake:eek:. But surely not. The mighty extratime surely couldnt have made a mistake could they. ;)

Feck me, did you make a meal outta that last night. If we play like that in the next 3 games we can kiss promotion away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Feck me, did you make a meal outta that last night. If we play like that in the next 3 games we can kiss promotion away!

May I quote you on that.

LiamMc wrote: »
    May I quote you on that.

You just did!;)

A good result and display from us. We did have a shaky 15 mins in the second half when it was 2-1 but once we got the 3rd goal they went back to playing some good football again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Quint wrote: »
    I am! kiss please? ;)

I seriously doubt we'll be top after this time two weeks.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    Shels 2-2 UCD

UCD you cheating, diving bastards.

Referee you blind fúcker.

robbed.

Not happy, Im guessing.

Good weekend for waterford if they get the right result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Not happy, Im guessing

Nope.

Were you at your match?

2-2 there too, which makes our result tonight a slight bit more palatable.

Next Friday. Fancy a pre-game pint?

Raped and robbed tbh, Bisto on route to goal and clearly being dragged out of and nothing given, UCD's 2nd goal was a free out about 10 yards before the box, a bloody joke.

Great atmo, great attendence, great performaces from the majority.

WTF were they thinking by sending to players over to "block" a corner each time and each time leaving UCD players un-marked, no logic in that for me tbh.

Feck it we got a point, still level with a game in hand, roll on Tuesday and hopefully a good trip to Waterford (damn right it will be:p) returning with a win.

Sounds like an idea, Shels -v- Fingal Boards.ie pre-game pint. If I manage to turn down my debs which is this Friday I'd well go for a pint.;)

Nope.

Were you at your match?

2-2 there too, which makes our result tonight a slight bit more palatable.

Nah. I cant make many of the away games due to work.

Cant wait for our game next week. I guess yous cant really focus on that one yet due to a little game coming up midweek.:)

Cheers for the offer of a pint but Like before Ill have me niece with me. Good luck anyway and lets hope its a cracking game. (with fingal winning 10-0 of course :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Please, no hokey cokey this week :D.

Whats the deal with the play offs? Does 2nd play 3rd in the first division play off ? The pineapple lad has locked a thread in the other land after he got his say and nobody gets to respond :D

Yep, 2nd v 3rd play at the 2nd placed teams ground for the right to play the playoff losing Premier Division team for a place in the Premier next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Waterford at home it is then :D

Bit harsh on UCD. Think they're much better than yous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Tonight's big game is off.

Could be an absolutely massive game by the time it does get played. :pac:

Ah crap. Now yous will be nice and rested for friday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement