Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The First Division Run In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully, and hopefully Giller might be back. Luckily the oul supporters' bus only got as far as the Naas Road and then the call came in, so around we turned.:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

How come it was called off?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How come it was called off?

The rain, apparently there was flooding.

It's not as if the FAI would be doing us a favour.

Waterlogged in the centre of the pitch I've been told by a lad down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Called off again! In fairness, some bad flooding in places today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Sure what difference would that have made to yous, Its not as if it would have affected your passing. :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please let it be anyone but UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Same thing happened to shels for the postponed Finn Harps game. Shels had players out injured originaly and was back in when the re fixed game went ahead.
    Jammy feckers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Em, we drew that game, and Finn Harps were sh1t back then. Don't think we're jammy tbh.

2-2 tonight in the Santry Siro.

0-0 until one of their lads left a foot in on Delaney and was red-carded, then we conceded two :rolleyes:

Then we got a gift of a goal. Packie Bonner vs Holland stuff. Hilarious, then we got a nice equaliser.

"College" beat Wexford Young Boys, so go top by 2, we've still a game in hand.

Des wrote: »
    2-2 tonight in the Santry Siro.

0-0 until one of their lads left a foot in on Delaney and was red-carded, then we conceded two :rolleyes:

Then we got a gift of a goal. Packie Bonner vs Holland stuff. Hilarious, then we got a nice equaliser.

Crazy game tonight,

Was terrible (from both teams) for 70 mins and then all hell broke loose with the sending off. We took control and our keeper gave it away (although he did make a great save from McAllister). Have to say it felt like a loss in the end. Thank god Waterford lost and now I think its UCD s to throw away. Crazy league, but I love it:D

Actually, yeah, that was a top class save, in any of the top leagues, EPL, LaLiga etc people would be **** all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

The rain, apparently there was flooding.

It's not as if the FAI would be doing us a favour.

i wouldnt believe that tbh,i was training with my junior team that night on our pitch.it was raining but it wasnt too bad,and rsc prob has drainage systems,and our pitch is only 10 mins from the rsc and we could train on it grand and it wasnt cut up or anything.

most local junior league heads reckon it was called off cause the sky sports camera crews will be there on the 13th,ireland u 21s are playing switzerland.want to make sure the pitch looks nice on camera etc so theyll get more games down there in the future.

The nerves last night:D, at least we got a point and basically Waterford and Fingal are now out of the running in my opinion. Some amount of guards last night, and rge amount of free anpost tickets, John Phelan handing them out, some hero.:D

• Advertisement

What was the story with all the guards? It was the same the last time we were there.

What was the story with all the guards? It was the same the last time we were there.

Ye I know, dog unit and horse unit. Horse unit even down outside the swiss cottage before the match.:confused:

Did they keep the Fingal fans back at the end and let us out first? Suppose it's easier to keep the smaller crowd in.:P

And Bohs were at home, so their skoolies would have been in Dalyer, not Satry.

Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

"Attendance tonight is 1,492".
    "Only 14 paid in, you fcuks!".

:D

Ye I know, dog unit and horse unit. Horse unit even down outside the swiss cottage before the match.:confused:

Did they keep the Fingal fans back at the end and let us out first? Suppose it's easier to keep the smaller crowd in.:P

We where kept back alright. Something happened outside the ground though.
    While we where inside we where told, we where being kept back a little longer due to a serious incident outside. Anybody know what it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Des how is Micheal Synott getting on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Absolutely unreal. Hopefuly we nick him.

We where kept back alright. Something happened outside the ground though.
    While we where inside we where told, we where being kept back a little longer due to a serious incident outside. Anybody know what it was?

The road was closed off by the guards, and there was guards the junction stopping cars, didn't see any serious incident tbh.
    Sarge wrote: »

He's been amazing since he came to us, we'd be lost without him tbh, he makes up for the muck we have at centre back in Keely and Daisy.

It might have been because of that shooting in Finglas, I doubt it though, because the presence of Gards was the same the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Truly shocking performance from the Youths last night. A collective groan form our support when the 4th official indicated that we had to endure an additional 3 minutes at the end of normal time. Very negative tactics from the word go and they players seemed disheartened by it.

Fair play to UCD, at least they tried to play football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Sarge wrote: »

Hero doesn't do him justice, especially given the shambles that makes up the rest of our defence.

Thought Sporting's actions with the ballboys were just petty, just really stupid. Karma I guess, because nothing else could explain what in the name of jesus their goalkeeper was up to for the first goal.

And the guard presence at the end of the game was just hilarious and as Des said it's happened up there before, just why!? Handy overtime for them I guess, and they may as well get it on a match where they know there'll be pretty much no trouble rather than having to work for a living and have a presence like that any time we played Rovers, Bohs etc

It might have been because of that shooting in Finglas, I doubt it though, because the presence of Gards was the same the last time.

It was the same amount of guards when we played shamrock rovers

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Hero doesn't do him justice, especially given the shambles that makes up the rest of our defence.

Thought Sporting's actions with the ballboys were just petty, just really stupid. Karma I guess, because nothing else could explain what in the name of jesus their goalkeeper was up to for the first goal.

And the guard presence at the end of the game was just hilarious and as Des said it's happened up there before, just why!? Handy overtime for them I guess, and they may as well get it on a match where they know there'll be pretty much no trouble rather than having to work for a living and have a presence like that any time we played Rovers, Bohs etc

On the ballboys, they wernt there just for shels and they wernt pulled just to annoy you.
    On the guards, well shels fans have a history of being wannabie hoolies so took precautions :D. Its the same amount of guards that you have at home matches.

cymro wrote: »
    On the guards, well shels fans have a history of being wannabie hoolies so took precautions :D.

Just cause your hired Bohs hoolies were down in Dalyer for the Drogs match didn't mean yous had to be afraid.:D

Its the same amount of guards that you have at home matches.

You're not serious are you!?:eek:

On the ballboys, they wernt there just for shels and they wernt pulled just to annoy you.
    On the guards, well shels fans have a history of being wannabie hoolies so took precautions :D. Its the same amount of guards that you have at home matches.

First of all, it was just coincidence they were pulled when Fingal scored and brought back when Shels got their second, yeah?

Second of all, I've never seen that Garda presence at any Shels home game, even the Dublin derbys that actually have two sets of support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What do you mean about the ballboys? I don't get what you're referring to.

As for the Gardai, that has been the same for other games too. It was the same, as has been said, for last year and the Rovers game. For most big Dublin games in Santry there is a larger Garda presence.

It's not specifically down to Sporting Fingal what sort of Garda presence there is. It's a decision between Sporting Fingal, Morton Stadium, Fingal Co. Co, and the Gardai. It might also have been an exercise for the Gardai the day before the Ireland Italy game.

First of all, it was just coincidence they were pulled when Fingal scored and brought back when Shels got their second, yeah?

The kids were "pulled" so they could have a burger and a can of drink. It was their reward for being ballboys and playing at half time.

Nothing more to it than that.

Paulw wrote: »
    What do you mean about the ballboys? I don't get what you're referring to.

When Fingal took the lead the ballboys were pulled, which of course meant the ball was out of play for longer meaning it was in play less giving Shels slightly less time to equalise. When Fingal again needed a goal, like a miracle they suddenly reappeared, meaning the ball spent more time in play making more goals slightly more likely.

I remember Everton doing something like it a few seasons ago, literally binning all the extra match balls after they scored late on and MOTD picked it up. It's just petty, but I guess it's in the rules so what can you do?

The kids were "pulled" so they could have a burger and a can of drink. It was their reward for being ballboys and playing at half time.

That's some co-incidence though, that they happened to get their food straight after we got our first goal.

Pull the other one Paulw.

Riiiiight, and this snack was at super coincidental times? I'm really not going to get into an argument with this, I'm sure what Fingal did was within the rules and gave them a slight edge so far play, but there's no point lying about it. Everybody saw it, they left almost as soon as Fingal scored and were back within a minute of the equaliser from what I remember. Call it coincidence if you like, I wont argue with you but you wont change my mind either.

Well, the ballboys normally get a drink and snack right after half time. This night though, someone laid on burgers for them. So, the guys in the van could only start cooking for the kids after the half time rush. There were a lot of kids there that night to feed.

I saw the food coming out and the kids being called over to get their burger and can.

I don't think anyone noticed about the timing of it all, because no one from Sporting Fingal was responsible for the kids (their club manager brought out the food to them).

As for ballboys - I don't think they're a requirement, officially. I've been to other grounds where there are none at all for games.

As for ballboys - I don't think they're a requirement, officially. I've been to other grounds where there are none at all for games.

Well when you have the amount of space around the pitch in Morton there should be a requirement officially.

Well when you have the amount of space around the pitch in Morton there should be a requirement officially.

While I agree that they are useful, they're not a requirement in any ground, no matter how big/small.

There is a provision for a 2nd ball that the 4th official has and can be used when the ref requires.

Are shels fans playing the victim again :D
    Its a new low for you to start blaming ballboys:D

• Advertisement

Are shels fans playing the victim again :D
    Its a new low for you to start blaming ballboys:D

They did give us a bit of comedy mind you, everytime they dropped the ball or when one of them nutmegged himself.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

They did give us a bit of comedy mind you, everytime they dropped the ball or when one of them nutmegged himself.:D

Yeah, my favourite moment was when the ball bounced over one of them resulting in a roar of MIDGET! from the crowd.:D

Fingal - Shels goals, Hynes goal for us (2nd goal) is a cracker.

http://vimeo.com/7079737

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Top Giller.

What a finish from Hynes, cracking lob.

Pity the rest of it just emphasies how poor we've been at the back for the past month or so though! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Feck me, did you make a meal outta that last night. If we play like that in the next 3 games we can kiss promotion away!

How's this going for you.
    Two games down, no wins. Three goals conceded against 10 man opposition.

LiamMc wrote: »
    How's this going for you.
    Two games down, no wins. Three goals conceded against 10 man opposition.

We need to win our last 5 matches, as I can see UCD losing any of their last 4. We do that and outta this hell whole we are, if we don't, we've a poxy play-off.:mad:

• Advertisement

Well that was a fun season

clowns.

another season in the basement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Meh, still could easily trip up away at home to Waterford. And you guys could come up through a playoff you know...

Sporting Fingal v Shels for a playoff?:eek: F*cking crazy league:D;)

F*ck me and call me Willis, seriously talk about throwing away the poxy league yet again. Can't see us going straight up as I can't see us winning our next 5 matches nor can I see UCD slipping up.:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement