Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The First Division Run In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

F*ck me and call me Willis, seriously talk about throwing away the poxy league yet again. Can't see us going straight up as I can't see us winning our next 5 matches nor can I see UCD slipping up.:mad::mad::mad:

Do you think it was just down to not having your front two available or was there more to it than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Do you think it was just down to not having your front two available or was there more to it than that.

Created alot of chances, and general play was quite good so I'd say it was mostly down to the loss of the 2, still should have been able to put them away nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Typical errortel :( we were getting texts saying that the ucd v mervue match had finished 1-1 and thought we were now only 3 points behind them.
    Smiles turned to groans when Errortel gave the correct score :mad:.

1 point behing shels now and could be 2 ahead if we beat limerick on tuesday night with shels having 2 games in hand then.
    Limerick is a tricky one so hope we come away with 3 points.
    It looks like ucd have it now with us and shels playing for second with waterford 6 points behind Fingal with a game in hand. All could change though
    and all eyes now on the next set of matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Ah sure thats the aul reds for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cymro wrote: »
    Typical errortel :( we were getting texts saying that the ucd v mervue match had finished 1-1 and thought we were now only 3 points behind them.

I know the feeling.:mad:

cymro wrote: »

1 point behing shels now and could be 2 ahead if we beat limerick on tuesday night with shels having 2 games in hand then.
    Limerick is a tricky one so hope we come away with 3 points.
    It looks like ucd have it now with us and shels playing for second with waterford 6 points behind Fingal with a game in hand. All could change though
    and all eyes now on the next set of matches.

Ah now, Shels are alot closer in the scheme of things to UCD, than they are to Fingal. Shels only need UCD to drop 2 points to have a chance to catch them, whereas Fingal need Shels to drop 4.

Yes of course, you are correct.

Having said that, I don't see a change in the positioning of the top 4.

I hope it gets decided on the last day and our semi doesnt go to a replay.

Looking for a tired Shels/UCD I take it?

• Advertisement

At this stage ive started to go to church :D

Fingal now up to second, which puts a slight pressure for shels and ucd to win their games in hand.
    i will be looking with all fingers and toes crossed for fridays results and the waterford v shels game next tues :D

Up next is Mervue away followed by Athlone at home with the small matter of the cup semi on sunday.

It was hard to know what sort of result I wanted from the game between Waterford and Mervue but after they won im guessing it could be a blessing in disguise. It keeps Waterford competitive for the game against Shels which is a good thing. So if results go there way hopefully Waterford will still have something to play for on the last day as well.

If we win one more game out of our remaining two fixtures against Mervue and Athlone it would basically guarantee a playoff due to our better goal difference over Waterford.

So im hoping Waterford stay in the hunt right up to the last day. But ultimatley dont take us

Of course this could all change after the next round of fixtures.

It was hard to know what sort of result I wanted from the game between Waterford and Mervue but after they won im guessing it could be a blessing in disguise. It keeps Waterford competitive for the game against Shels which is a good thing. So if results go there way hopefully Waterford will still have something to play for on the last day as well.

If we win one more game out of our remaining two fixtures against Mervue and Athlone it would basically guarantee a playoff due to our better goal difference over Waterford.

So im hoping Waterford stay in the hunt right up to the last day. But ultimatley dont take us

Of course this could all change after the next round of fixtures.

*Prays* We win all our matches, and then Waterford win all their matches (minus us ofcourse).*Prays*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Paulw wrote: »
    The kids were "pulled" so they could have a burger and a can of drink. It was their reward for being ballboys and playing at half time.

Nothing more to it than that.
    Not a bad job for the times that are in it. Paid in burgers & fries, woohoo.

They got a drink as well :D

It was the match sponsor that gave them the food.

With UCD winning tonight, thats basically it for us. Lets hope we can nick second from shels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Harps -v- Shels off tonight following a pitch inspection :mad:

Shorter away trip than Waterford a few weeks back anyway, only to the M50 and back. 3 separate buses were heading up, ours was grand we only have to pay a quarter of the fare (€5), not sure about the official supporters bus but one of the other buses the driver wasn't refunding them their fares so there on the pish in some town in Ireland.:D

Shorter away trip than Waterford a few weeks back anyway, only to the M50 and back. 3 separate buses were heading up, ours was grand we only have to pay a quarter of the fare (€5), not sure about the official supporters bus but one of the other buses the driver wasn't refunding them their fares so there on the pish in some town in Ireland.:D

Yeah we didn't have to pay at all thankfully, we were literally only in Whitehall.

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    Yeah we didn't have to pay at all thankfully, we were literally only in Whitehall.

Tosh will probably throw him a few bob like Waterford the last time and just ask for an extra €2 on Monday week like what I'd say will happen on Tuesday. Looks like Tosh might be without ourselves again on Tuesday (if we manage to sort our own bus again).

Tosh will probably throw him a few bob like Waterford the last time and just ask for an extra €2 on Monday week like what I'd say will happen on Tuesday. Looks like Tosh might be without ourselves again on Tuesday (if we manage to sort our own bus again).

How comes yous did that? Was it the driver making people pay to drink on it?

DSB wrote: »
    How comes yous did that? Was it the driver making people pay to drink on it?

Nope just we had the numbers (25) with it being a Saturday and stuff so said we'd go for it. Only €2 more than Tosh when you include the drink ransom.:D

Waterford 0-1 Shels

Looks like a play off spot guaranteed.

Three games to go, last home game this Friday, then up to Finn Harps midweek, then Newbridge the weekend after

COME ON SHELS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Des wrote: »
    then Newbridge the weekend after

This is where it all goes wrong:cool:

Sorry lads I know its probably in this forum a million times already but is it 2nd and 3rd into the playoffs or just 2nd?

2nd and 3rd play off over 2 legs, for the right to play the loser of Premier 11th vs 10th in their home ground.

So, if Shels win the play off, they could playing off against SPA. Winning that would be a second best outcome for getting promoted, after winning the FD of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Thanks for that Des. Could be interesting play offs then, would expect either Shels or Fingal to beat either of the PD teams with the way they're playing at the moment, Pats look like they couldnt buy 3 points.

Thanks for that Des. Could be interesting play offs then, would expect either Shels or Fingal to beat either of the PD teams with the way they're playing at the moment, Pats look like they couldnt buy 3 points.

I think I'd prefer to go to Bray, but that means we have to beat Torpedo first.

I'd actually prefer nine points from the remaining games.

2nd and 3rd play off over 2 legs, for the right to play the loser of Premier 11th vs 10th in their home ground.

So, if Shels win the play off, they could playing off against SPA. Winning that would be a second best outcome for getting promoted, after winning the FD of course.

I thought it was 2nd play 3rd at 2nd's home ground in a one off game and then the winner of the first division game plays the loser of the prem div game over two legs. Just what I heard.

I'm sure it's the opposite, but I could be wrong, The FAI will decide in December probably.

I'm sure it's the opposite, but I could be wrong, The FAI will decide in December probably.

Not 100% sure myself. Iv heard so many different ways at this point im not sure which is supposed to be correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

2nd v 3rd FD Match 1 10/11
    8th v 9th PD Match 2 10/11

Winner 1 v Loser 2 13/11
    Loser 2 v Winner 1 16/11

Multiple edits later :o

That match was a dodgy as them 2 Irish lads haircuts on the X-Factor, scored in the 11th minute and then just defenced and well it just about worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

UCD won the title tonight with a 5-0 win at Athlone Town, as Shels lost in what sounds like a right cracker of a match, 5-4 at home to Longford.

Well done to UCD, fantastic season, surpassed many people's expectations I'm sure, including my own. Roll on the Premier once again.

Congratulations UCD, well deserved. Reckon its another one in the First Division for us and its hard to feel hard done by as it was all our own making.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Absolute disgrace of a performance from us tonight, conceding 5 goals to what wasn't even a good Lonford side, even at 2-3 and 3-4 I couldn't see us winning, it was panic football from the start as if we were already behind, and we basically gifted them all 5 goals.
    Fair play to UCD for winning though, they were the most consistent team throughout the season and deserved to win it, second year in a row we've thrown it away, just need to hope on the play-off now.

, as Shels lost in what sounds like a right cracker of a match, 5-4 at home to Longford.

Was actually one of the worse games of football I ever witnessed.

Congrats to UCD.

Shels and Fingal. It was written in the stars boys. Now lets see which ground it will be at.

Shels and Fingal. It was written in the stars boys. Now lets see which ground it will be at.

Does it matter? No matter where it is we will be the majority support.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Congrats UCD, I do hope Shels get promoted though. On current form not looking likely however.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

We haven't a hope.

In hell.

Even if it froze over.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Does it matter? No matter where it is we will be the majority support.

Support doesn't mean promotion, it's what happens on the pitch that counts. You were lucky for the last game in Morton Stadium.

Roll on the play-offs. :D

Well done UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

We've as much chance of winning the play offs as winning this years champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Great stuff from UCD all season, won in every ground bar Limerick and were the most consistent side in the Division.
    My sympathy goes to Waterford at the moment. They lost their footing in the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Delighted for all the UCD fans. The Premier Division needs big clubs with large fanbases like UCD. Hopefully Finglas will join them in the Premier Division as FAI Cup winners. Football seems to be thriving in the country, just look at the geographical spread of the clubs that will be in the Premier Division next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pure Cork wrote: »
    Delighted for all the UCD fans. The Premier Division needs big clubs with large fanbases like UCD. Hopefully Finglas will join them in the Premier Division as FAI Cup winners. Football seems to be thriving in the country, just look at the geographical spread of the clubs that will be in the Premier Division next season.

Nah your wrong the league needs more clubs with loas of fans who dont pay their players/ESB bills/staff/ etc

much more exciting that way, how dare these well run clubs get into the premier division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Delighted for all the UCD fans. The Premier Division needs big clubs with large fanbases like UCD.
    :eek:

That's a joke right?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

:eek:

That's a joke right?
    I suspect he may have been a wee bit sarcastic :)

2000 posts :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nah your wrong the league needs more clubs with loas of fans who dont pay their players/ESB bills/staff/ etc

much more exciting that way, how dare these well run clubs get into the premier division
    I hope CCFC don't get a licence. Surely you can see a problem with having so many teams from Dublin and the surrounding areas (in the Premier Division), especially the likes of UCD and Finglas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I hope CCFC don't get a licence. Surely you can see a problem with having so many teams from Dublin and the surrounding areas (in the Premier Division), especially the likes of UCD and Finglas?

I think the teams that win more games than others should be promoted not the teams with the most fans from a good "region".

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I think the teams that win more games than others should be promoted not the teams with the most fans from a good "region".

I think that having over half the clubs in the Premier Division (and almost half the clubs from Premier and First Divisions) from Dublin and the surrounding areas, and clubs with no fans in the Premier Division, is just as bad as having disgraceful, embarrassing mismanaged clubs in the Premier Division.

Advertisement