Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The First Division Run In

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

What does it matter?

You want the best teams in the PD, regardless of where they're from. UCD were the best team this season, therefore deserve to be in the PD.

Or should it just be the best team to be promoted, so long as they're not from Dublin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I thought Shels had a good record against Fingal?

From what I've seen of both sides, I'd still fancy Shels to win. Although I should stop thinking Shels have it won mid-season...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Does it matter? No matter where it is we will be the majority support.

Is that all you could come up with. Gavin im shocked. I thought you where better than that. Ill put that one down to the fact you are still in shock from lonford putting 5 past yous in your own back yard.

Has to be the shock result of the season and funniest:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

What does it matter?

You want the best teams in the PD, regardless of where they're from. UCD were the best team this season, therefore deserve to be in the PD.

Or should it just be the best team to be promoted, so long as they're not from Dublin?

You're missing the point kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Is there any chance of an extra team going up this year with talk of derry not getting there licence renewed and more talk of them going to join the irish premier league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

dfx- wrote: »
    I thought Shels had a good record against Fingal?

Neither team has won away from home.

Sporting Fingal 2-2 Shelbourne
    Shelbourne 1-0 Sporting Fingal
    Sporting Fingal 1-0 Shelbourne

Shelbourne 0-0 Sporting Fingal
    Sporting Fingal 2-1 Shelbourne
    Sporting Fingal 0-0 Shelbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is there any chance of an extra team going up this year with talk of derry not getting there licence renewed and more talk of them going to join the irish premier league?

If any team don't get a licence, I'd imagine it will mean one less of the "relegated" sides going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paulw wrote: »

That's only the stats for the last two years though, oh wait!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Now thats better than your last attempt;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pure Cork wrote: »
    I think that having over half the clubs in the Premier Division (and almost half the clubs from Premier and First Divisions) from Dublin and the surrounding areas, and clubs with no fans in the Premier Division, is just as bad as having disgraceful, embarrassing mismanaged clubs in the Premier Division.

UCD are where they are on merit. They've won the games, and managed things well financially, surviving relegation in a fashion that would be beyond a lot of clubs. You seem to be suggesting artificially moving clubs into the Premier Division so as to spread the representation around. I can't think of anything worse tbh.

You run your club in a manner one would expect from a punchdrunk boxer, you should be made to hit the canvas hard. **** the current incarnation of CCFC, and the FAI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think that having over half the clubs in the Premier Division (and almost half the clubs from Premier and First Divisions) from Dublin and the surrounding areas

The clubs are there on merit. If solvent, they should stay.

It doesn't help when an urban area the size of Cork seems incapable of sustaining a single football club for longer than a decade or two at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Just as well or it would have looked far worse for shels if it was for longer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

You're missing the point kid.

I'm really not. UCD won the FD, deservedly, and so should be in the PD. Why is it their fault there's already going to be another 4/5 Dublin teams in the league.

And there's no need to be patronising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paulw wrote: »

Pretty sure that's wrong. We drew nil all twice with yourselves at home last season. You beat us twice in Morton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

No what is missing is a 1 all draw in Tolka last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You're right actually. But didn't we lose twice in Morton last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Nope 1st time was nil all the night Murphy got sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

DSB wrote: »
    No what is missing is a 1 all draw in Tolka last season.

Yeah, a game I wasn't at. I was thinking I was missing a game. :rolleyes:

Advertisement