Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shorthand book?

Options
  • 16-09-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

hey started journalism and french today, and we were told we had to buy "pitmans shorthand", problem is theres no book with that exact title! there's a few it could be, was wondering if anyone knows the exact title of the book used for shorthand in eleanor byrne's class? or an ISBN would be even better if anyone still has theirs!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

The book is called "Pitman New Era Shorthand: Anniversary Edition". Publisher is Pearson Longman.
    ISBN: 0 582 29889 X

There's also a key at ISBN 0 273 02901 0

If you're buying the book new prepare for your wallet to be destroyed. It's only a little book but I think it goes for around 30squids or something mad and is usually only available in one shop. Really painful. The key is even worse, I've the horrible feeling that it cost something like €50 for both of them. Prepare to be outraged.

The key is just a the translation of the excercises in the book and a few more wee jobbies to do. I never really used mine, it's pretty pointless, but some of the more hardcore SH nerds went wild for it.

Good luck and seriously... do whatever crap she gives you each week and attend classes, you don't want to be one of the bold boys and girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DefierElle

good luck with the shorthand anyway....and yes,do the work.i didnt and i'm paying for it now by repeating first year. see you in class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

DefierElle wrote: »
    good luck with the shorthand anyway....and yes,do the work.i didnt and i'm paying for it now by repeating first year. see you in class!

You're repeating first year? I must admit I'm also a victim of shorthand, but I just took a year off to work/write and then did the repeat exam.

Advertisement