Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which GPS

Options
  • 16-09-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Hi

Am heading to Paris next week and am wondering what GPS to buy

A) TomTom
    B) Navigon
    C) CoPilot
    D) Buy a Different hand held device

Any comments welcome

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Which GPS to use 6 votes

TomTom
    0% 0 votes
    Navigon
    66% 4 votes
    CoPilot
    16% 1 vote
    Buy a different hand held device
    16% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Garmin (+cityXplorer maps) or an iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved form Apple Media Devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

why Garmin is not on that poll, i have no idea. they are an excellent brand to consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

Would you not vote for Tom Tom, Tom?

Garmin for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Moved form Apple Media Devices.

Um, I think the OP is asking about which GPS software to get for the iPhone (or just get a dedicated device instead) - that's why the only choices are Navigon, TomTom and CoPilot... So doesn't this thread actually belong in Apple Media Devices instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

J-blk wrote: »
    Um, I think the OP is asking about which GPS software to get for the iPhone (or just get a dedicated device instead) - that's why the only choices are Navigon, TomTom and CoPilot... So doesn't this thread actually belong in Apple Media Devices instead?

Hi

Its a Question about iPhone ok....thats why I put it in Apple Media Devices.....thought it was obvious when I mentioned Navigon and coPilot and the fact I also mentioned a different handheld device.

Dont know whay it was moved, am gonna raise a new one but clearly state iphone

Thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Szondi wrote: »
    Dont know whay it was moved, am gonna raise a new one but clearly state iphone

That was my point, that it should not have been moved out of Apple Media Devices in the first place :). No need to start a new thread, just ask a mod to move it back...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The "different handheld device" could mean anything. Two of the names listed make their own devices, as well as software, and the third makes software for a range of mobile platforms. You can also get Garmin software on a "different handheld device" as well.

PM the GPS forum mods and ask for the thread to be moved back.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

I use co-pilot on my Nokia 5800 works a dream but use Tomtom 730 in my car. Phoen screen just too small and battery drain on phone is very high

Advertisement