Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71 VS N97 ?

• 16-09-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Ok I know most people are eager to get the N97 but I have to say Ive had an E71 the past year and it is the best phone I have ever had, I love it. And stopped using an I Phone and stuck with E71.

So anyway Im due an upgrade in the next couple weeks so what do people reckon is the N97 that much better then the E71 ? Anyone go from and E71 to the N97 ? Im half thinking about getting another E71.

Cheers

Cruizer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cruizer22b wrote: »
    So anyway Im due an upgrade in the next couple weeks so what do people reckon is the N97 that much better then the E71 ? Anyone go from and E71 to the N97 ? Im half thinking about getting another E71 E72.

FYP

If you are really happy with the e71, go for the e72

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Davy wrote: »
    FYP

If you are really happy with the e71, go for the e72

Actually I would defo go for an E72 but god knows when Meteor will have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

E71/72 have a VoiP client which is extremely useful and far better than anything like Fring or skype or the likes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Have had an n97 for 2 weeks and would love to love it, but.....nah... Returning it tomorrow for store credit,
    It's buggy despite latest firmware.

Music volume is way too low for an N-series phone. I actually like the ui, but it's very slow at times, and available ram seems to fluctuate regardless of apps used/not used. Obviously, I could wait for the holy fw 2.0, but I shouldn't have to...it's Nokia's 'flagship', right?!

I'll use store credit in October for e72 - processor almost twice as fast as e71; dedicated audio-chip yada yada yada. Until then I'm back with e71. Good phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chocice

Hi all,
    I was looking forward to a N97 upgrade but am disappointed with your feedback here. Looks like I should wait.
    Chocice

• Advertisement

Chocice wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was looking forward to a N97 upgrade but am disappointed with your feedback here. Looks like I should wait.
    Chocice

I was really not trying to bash it. It has a lot going for it. But as is I find it unacceptable for a phone that costs 500+ prepay/simfree... Settings revert randomly to default(every time I start the cam it's back to phone-memory for storage...there isn't much phone-memory so that's a nono... Dito some apps' access points keep changing randomly...Unplugging earphones leads to all sorts of shenanigans, and no, not because of too many apps open, nothing running but musicplayer... And come on: the slide out keyboard is one of THE biggies right?! Yet after years of eidiculw about thw iPhone's lack of copy/paste, Nokia 'forgot' to implement copy/paste when the slide-out is open...wtf? Call me pedantic or whatever, but a flagship gadget shouldn't make you wait for 2, 3 or god-knows-how-many firmware updates to get the basics right. I have used winmo handsets with less ram and weaker processors that crashed less frequently. )

Nah, I really can't hold on to N97 w/out feeling stupid! Like some pavlovian consumer, yapping until Nokia rings the firmware bell?

Seems all their real efforts go into the E-series these days. So, back to E71 and then E72...

Thanks lads that has confirmed it for me, ill wait for the E72.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

strecker wrote: »
    I was really not trying to bash it. It has a lot going for it. But as is I find it unacceptable for a phone that costs 500+ prepay/simfree... Settings revert randomly to default(every time I start the cam it's back to phone-memory for storage...there isn't much phone-memory so that's a nono... Dito some apps' access points keep changing randomly...Unplugging earphones leads to all sorts of shenanigans, and no, not because of too many apps open, nothing running but musicplayer... And come on: the slide out keyboard is one of THE biggies right?! Yet after years of eidiculw about thw iPhone's lack of copy/paste, Nokia 'forgot' to implement copy/paste when the slide-out is open...wtf? Call me pedantic or whatever, but a flagship gadget shouldn't make you wait for 2, 3 or god-knows-how-many firmware updates to get the basics right. I have used winmo handsets with less ram and weaker processors that crashed less frequently. )

Nah, I really can't hold on to N97 w/out feeling stupid! Like some pavlovian consumer, yapping until Nokia rings the firmware bell?

Seems all their real efforts go into the E-series these days. So, back to E71 and then E72...

+1

I gave out about it in another thread so I won't start here but I agree with what you say..
    We are the beta testers now!!
    I got it with an insurance claim so at least I didn't have to shell out for it..
    Disappointing to say the least..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

When is the E72 out?

kearnsr wrote: »
    When is the E72 out?

Its suppose to be out in Oct. Last year when I got my E71 Carphone Warehouse had it before Meteor so got mine with them. I rang CPW today to see if they have a date but they didn't.

• Advertisement

cruizer22b wrote: »
    Its suppose to be out in Oct. Last year when I got my E71 Carphone Warehouse had it before Meteor so got mine with them. I rang CPW today to see if they have a date but they didn't.

In UK Vodafone have the 'exclusive'(oct 12th). Wonder if it's the same here?

Advertisement