Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Search program for Windows 7

• 16-09-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭

Lack of a search program for Windows 7 is driving me up the wall. Having 2 point something GB's of space, I'm not going to search it all every time, using that thing on the Start Menu, so I need a 3rd party file searcher. Also, I only want a searcher, not a entire explorer program (commander, I think it's called).

If all else fails, I'll probably go for "Effective File Search" off http://www.sowsoft.com/search.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

WHy not just use the one built into the Windows Shell; Navigate to the folder and type the item into the search bar; Its indexed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cryos wrote: »
    WHy not just use the one built into the Windows Shell; Navigate to the folder and type the item into the search bar; Its indexed anyway.
    Didn't see that before. Not bad, but not that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I find the built in Windows 7 search quite good. It will read ID3 tags and stuff in MP3s, probably some other metadata types too like EXIF in JPEGs, properties information in word docs, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. Went for the Effective File Seach program in the end. It was able to search 3TB's in 48 seconds, and find the file. Windows too a lot longer (I couldn't be bothered indexing all my drives).

Advertisement