Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus to D.I.T kevin Street from Smithfield?

Options
  • 16-09-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Ok so I could probably just walk to the city from smithfield and walk up to camden street, but I was wondering does anyone know of any buses from smithfield which stop near the D.I.T on kevin street? Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Its only about a 15 minute walk, dont think the bus would suit you. Walk past Christ Church then St. Patricks Cathedral

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

arse biscuits is right

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

Its only about a 15 minute walk, dont think the bus would suit you. Walk past Christ Church then St. Patricks Cathedral

Only a fifteen minute walk from smithfield or the city? No idea where christ church or patricks cathedral are. Hai, I'm new here :B
    I can just about make it into the city without getting lost.

Oh well! I'll wing it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

20 minutes walk according to google - http://tinyurl.com/oqrljq

you don't need to go into the "city centre" (I presume you mean via O'Connell Bridge)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 83 bus comes down Church Street and operates via the Quays, O'Connell Bridge and Dame Street to Camden Street.

But as other posters say, walking would be faster!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

www.dublinbikes.ie ?

Smithfield to Golden Lane or Stephens Green South?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

walk down church street, take the bridge across the river, follow the bend in the road ahead, at Christ Church turn right, at St Patrick's Cathedral (just after teh park) take second left keep going and DIT Kevin Street's on your right just after the junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Yunalesca wrote: »
    Only a fifteen minute walk from smithfield or the city? No idea where christ church or patricks cathedral are. Hai, I'm new here :B
    I can just about make it into the city without getting lost.

Oh well! I'll wing it.

Thanks.

From Smithfield to Kevin Street is about 15 minutes. You dont need to go to the centre of town.
    I live close to Smithfield and work in Kevin Street.
    Ask anyone to point you in the direction of Christchurch and St. Patrick's Cathedral and you'll have no problem.

A bike is another option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I do the same journey, I live by the museum stop in Smithfield and go to Kevin street. I just get the Luas to abbey street and walk the rest. But I often walk to college, I get there in about forty minutes. It's not an unreasonable travel distance.

Advertisement