Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20/20 World Cup 2010...

• 16-09-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit confused here, has Ireland already qualified for this?,

just I cant find anything about it,

I found the information about qualifying for the actual World Cup, when we were playing in S.Africa,

just curious if we have got in it yet or not,

thanks in advance :)...

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,307 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No - qualifying takes place next month in the UAE:

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/405141.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Me thinks that qualification is not a foregone conclusion but if we do qualify watch out WI....and no dodging bullets in Kingston this time! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Just to advise the dates have changed for the qualifiers:

9th - 13th Feb 2010 in Dubai, UAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

What would you guys think of our chances to get in?, would I be right in saying we would be favourites to get in?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,606 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cremated wrote: »
    What would you guys think of our chances to get in?, would I be right in saying we would be favourites to get in?...

Ireland will be favourites, as they are for anything involving the Associate teams, however the very nature of T20 means upsets happen more often and with only 2 qualifying it will be far from a certainty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

SharkTale wrote: »
    Just to advise the dates have changed for the qualifiers:

9th - 13th Feb 2010 in Dubai, UAE.

That's quite close to the competition itself - that may help the teams but not anyone wanting to travel etc.

Advertisement