Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I get into college/uni?

Options
  • 16-09-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would love to get into a college/uni to do some IT course but I do not do a second language (Spanish or French) because of dyspraxia (I do a class with that helps me with my homework and helps me revise for tests) so could I get into most college/unis or am I screwed? :( BTW I am in 3rd year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most of the IT's etc won't find that a problem

Even the Universities (NUI, UCD, Trinity) etc will give exemptions in most cases.

All colleges will have some kind of disability/access support team - don't be afraid to contact them and they can tell you everything you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

Plus, some universities (DCU for one) don't care if you have a second language, or irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Trevor451 wrote: »
    so could I get into most college/unis

Most certainly, if you want to. :)
    BuffyBot wrote: »
    All colleges will have some kind of disability/access support team - don't be afraid to contact them and they can tell you everything you need to know.

What BuffyBot said.

Colleges are exceptionally supportive of students and their varying needs.

Here and here are just two examples off the top of my head for two colleges. I am sure if you look at any college/university website you will find similar programs.

Advertisement