Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester united versus Manchester City sun 1.30pm

• 16-09-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I hope im not too early with this but considering the champions league games are now over I don't think anyone will mind especially for this one.

Considering this is at old trafford and City will be probably be without Teves and Adebayour im going for a 2-0 for united

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

uh oh, you really didn't start this off very well.

where is the crest's ?

match information.

\get your coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

United are grinding out results from poor performances so I'd expect them to win on Sunday too. City are missing Robinho too aren't they?

I can't wait for this match!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Heading over for this one, should be good. Gonna miss the all Ireland final, would have liked to have got both in. Ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bring it on Xavi

I wonder what strikers city will have :D;)

is it true city are missing Adeyeor,Robinhio, Tevez and Santa Cruz? :eek:

Is Ireland a doubt also?

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    United are grinding out results from poor performances so I'd expect them to win on Sunday too. City are missing Robinho too aren't they?

I can't wait for this match!!

eh?

3-1 away from spurs is grinding out results? finishing with ease with 10 men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ntlbell wrote: »
    uh oh, you really didn't start this off very well.

where is the crest's ?

match information.

\get your coat.
    The crests are gay, nobody cares about them

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

In an ironic twist, City are short of strikers

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

I have a feeling that this will be easier for united than one might suspect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Am I the only one that thinks United are going to hammer them? I reckon United to win this by three or four goals.

Edit: Actually Vampireskiss seems to agree with me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rarnes1 wrote: »

Is Ireland a doubt also?

They have the squad to cope with such absences presumably?:confused:

Also I think they're a better team without Robinho, as they are slowly finding out.

Am I the only one that thinks United are going to hammer them? I reckon United to win this by three or four goals.

Edit: Actually Vampireskiss seems to agree with me. :)

both our posts posted at 23.00 it must be in the stars

flahavaj wrote: »
    They have the squad to cope with such absences presumably?:confused:

Also I think they're a better team without Robinho, as they are slowly finding out.

ya raf had Robinho in his back pocket a couple of times now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm hoping for a Bloodbath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

rarnes1 wrote: »

Is Ireland a doubt also?

And yet can still play with 3 up front!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Can genuinly see City winning this, comfortably. Hughes will have them buzzing for the occasion, and Adebayor will still be pumped after last week.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Can genuinly see City winning this, comfortably. Hughes will have them buzzing for the occasion, and Adebayor will still be pumped after last week.

like hughes will give him a set of pom poms and he can cheer from the sideline?

ade being pumped up in his suit watching wont affect us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That's a bit of an out there opinion, and Adebayor will be banned.
    Comfortably? You cannot be serious?

More wishful thinking I think, and Adebayour probably wont be playing

Adebayor definately suspended, is he? I didn't know it was confirmed yet.

• Advertisement

I thought Adebayor was suspended.

killwill wrote: »
    And yet can still play with 3 up front!!!!!

Bellamy

Petrov
    SWP

Not a bad front three still, plenty of pace to bother any defence really, with Ireland bombing from midfield to join, they could be lethal on the break away from home.

Adebayor definately suspended, is he? I didn't know it was confirmed yet.

Both the club and player have "reluctantly" accepted the voilent conduct charge. FA to decide the outcome tomorrow.

flahavaj wrote: »

Bellamy

Petrov
    SWP

Not a bad front three still, plenty of pace to bother any defence really, with Ireland bombing from midfield to join, they could be lethal on the break away from home.

petrov lol

ntlbell wrote: »
    petrov lol

Decent player.:confused:

3-0.

Defoe brace and Lennon.

:D

Yea, im right ,Definitely a wishful thinker.

_44417145_benjani2_afp416.jpg

...... to replace Adebayor.

_44417145_benjani2_afp416.jpg

...... to replace Adebayor.

he's injured too

lol

Fantasy League thing says he's available :D
    Yea, im right ,Definitely a wishful thinker.
    Before City/Arsenal
    "Hard to call, but we (as in myself) predict City to snatch a home win in a thrilling game."

• Advertisement

Before City/Arsenal
    "Hard to call, but we (as in myself) predict City to snatch a home win in a thrilling game."

pffft only pighead can do that

Not particularly accurate

Before City/Arsenal

The fact that you don't mind these teams too much means you can give a fair unbiased assessment

The fact that you dislike or even hate united brings your wishful thinking into play

The fact that you don't mind these teams too much means you can give a fair unbiased assessment

The fact that you dislike or even hate united brings your wishful thinking into play
    I don't hate any club, only certain people involved with a particular club.

For the Tottenham game, I was referring to Defoe and Lennon being in my FF team, I was quite active in the FF thread at the time so it would've been fresh in people's minds to have got the "joke".

For this City game, I'm super serious. I predict they'll play really well and get the win.

Just read on the Man Utd website that according to the Sun Tevez is fit for the game. Now I know the Sun would put that in to sell papers regardless of it being true or not but it would spice it up big time.

Just read on the Man Utd website that according to the Sun Tevez is fit for the game. Now I know the Sun would put that in to sell papers regardless of it being true or not but it would spice it up big time.
    Meh, I read on teletext that he was 99% sure he'd be out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sure he only got one league goal at Old Trafford last season and funnily enough it was against City. Bring him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Reading the training reports as I do, I would not be one bit surprised to see Tevez involved in some capacity. Maybe not starting but he should be he the squad. Superman is fine. Richards has overcome some tonsilitis and Johnson is training fully with the first team now. Benjani is out. Even with one or two absentees we are capable of fielding a strong enough side to win. Whether we actually do win is a different story, and I don't think we will. I'd be happy with a strong performance and a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Should be a nice bit of banter on here come Sunday so! :D Not from me though, Ill hopefully be in the boozer giving the one (or is it two) Kildare Town City supporters a bit of slagging :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Damn Wicklow League Football :mad: my own match kicks off at 2:30.

Should be a good game though and interesting to see what sorta midfield Ferguson puts out against us,I fancy our midfield to overcome whoever they play and can see a good game outta Barry.Would like to see Petrov involved but with no big striker in the box dunno if it'll happen.2-1 City! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Gillington wrote:
    Damn Wicklow League Football my own match kicks off at 2:30.

Ha, same. Its annoying.

0-0, several dives, a sending off and lotsa crap posted after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Man Utd to win by 2 goals.

Rooney, Berbatov and Fletcher to have great games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

city to be strong in midfield and bellamy to be on fire. a win? not too sure. hopefully a good performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

2-1 City with at least one red card....(Rooney most likely).

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hard to say which way it will go. It always is in the derby. I'm just looking for a good atmosphere and hopefully a good result. Will be interesting to see how MASSIVE the City fans think their club is at the weekend. They're getting more and more cocky every time I see them.

That's why I would rather City had a full strength team. Then when they get beat it would shut them up proper :D (Not you though Xavi :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ironically enough Tevez and Ronaldo scored in this game last season.

Expecting a close enough match, can't see United conceeding.

1-0 Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Derby game could go any way but I'm slightly more confident of a United win than I was a few weeks ago. Fletcher will be important again , if he has a good game I think united will nick it.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Derby game could go any way but I'm slightly more confident of a United win than I was a few weeks ago. Fletcher will be important again , if he has a good game I think united will nick it.

In all honesty how many United fans thought we would see the day we would be relying on Fletch to have a good game :p I think he has come on amazing the last few seasons. Ironically since Keanes rant :D
    By the way this isn't a dig at him, I quite like Fletcher, honest & hard working. Does the simple thing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

nicklauski wrote: »
    In all honesty how many United fans thought we would see the day we would be relying on Fletch to have a good game :p I think he has come on amazing the last few seasons. Ironically since Keanes rant :D
    By the way this isn't a dig at him, I quite like Fletcher, honest & hard working. Does the simple thing well.

I'm not sure but I don't think Fletcher was a target of Keanes rant. He was always honest, hard working, and has always seemed like a good pro. Players lacking these things is what Keano was ranting about.

Fletcher has just grown up and matured into a very solid, consistent midfielder. He was excellent last year, decent the season before, and has been our best midfielder this season IMO. He is only 25, it was a case of waiting for him to mature not every player is a superstar be the time they turn 22/23, in fact very few are.

I'm not sure but I don't think Fletcher was a target of Keanes rant. He was always honest, hard working, and has always seemed like a good pro. Players lacking these things is what Keano was ranting about.

I thought Keane said something along the lines of : Everyone in Scotland is ranting & raving about him, but I dont see what the fuss is :confused:
    Then again I could be wrong, but I could have swore he said soemthing about him.
    Ah well :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement