Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester united versus Manchester City sun 1.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

raido9 wrote: »
    When Owens goal came in there was 8 seconds left to play (see above).

Therefore the ref was really favouring Man City by playing those two extra seconds. Disgraceful stuff!

:rolleyes:

It was 16 seconds actually. So an extra 8 for City. Disgraceful stuff really. They must of bought the refs with all that money they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

On a sour note -

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/09/20/1512741/manchester-citys-craig-bellamy-in-post-match-altercation
    The Press Association have made available a photograph that appears to show Craig Bellamy of Manchester City involved in an altercation with a supporter after the Citizens' defeat in the Manchester derby.

The match ended 4-3 at Old Trafford, Manchester United's Michael Owen seeing to it that Craig Bellamy's two-goal haul was rendered meaningless.

The fiery Welshman had twice netted the equaliser to make the game 2-2 and then 3-3, the latter goal coming just before stoppage time began.

What caused the potential altercation, as well as the circumstances around this image, are not yet known.

In another off-pitch flashpoint, Javier Garrido of City was apparently struck by a coin thrown by a United fan at half-time.

But the Bellamy incident as yet remains unclear, with only this image as yet released to the public:

Click the link to see the photo.

City fans saying that the coin was meant for Tevez but hit Garrido.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Brought back memories of Macheda against Villa...same corner of the net, wild celebrations - bloody hell.

Rio and Foster should thank their lucky stars for Mickey Owens deft finish, after their collective brainfarts.:rolleyes:

And Shay Given is as brilliant as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

After listening to Fergie's comments after the match it's clear he enjoyed it :) but just shows that post and pre match comments were designed to irk Mr Hughes. As long as he doesn't fall for it, City are well on their way to becoming realistic challengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Xavi6 wrote: »

Incorrect. We despise Javier Garrido, i thought everyone knew that.

Serious note: If you throw coins at professional footballers you belong in a zoo where you are free to throw your poo around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Jesus Ballamy always has to go and give people reason to talk about his bad side rather than his ability on the pitch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Without doubt. Had everything.
    Bah, highlights should be good tonight. G'wan teh Chelsea now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bandit12 wrote: »
    So when City scored the ref added on 1 minute 6 seconds for the celebration and when United scored he adds on 16 seconds? Yeah that's just fine and dandy so.:rolleyes:

So he blew it up in the middle of United's goal celebration? Give it up will ya :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

On a sour note -

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/09/20/1512741/manchester-citys-craig-bellamy-in-post-match-altercation

Looks like the fan came on to the pitch.

I'll give Bellamy the benefit of the doubt on this one til we know more - it could be that the fan came on and had a go, which is what Bellamy reacted to (not that it would completely excuse Bellamy decking him) but i'd hold off on the pitch fork til more is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I can't believe I missed the second half. I got to see the first but had to go out.

Was Berbatov as rubbish in the second half as he was in the first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A coin hit Garrido, and Bellamy reacted is that it? Or is the coin incident seperate?

Bandit12 wrote: »
    So when City scored the ref added on 1 minute 6 seconds for the celebration and when United scored he adds on 16 seconds? Yeah that's just fine and dandy so.:rolleyes:

LOL

Think about it for a bit, and then it might finally click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    A coin hit Garrido, and Bellamy reacted is that it? Or is the coin incident seperate?

Separate, the coin thing was at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Think one was at ht the other was ft?

seperate incidents. Bellamy's at the end of the game, the coin incident at half time.

Unearthly wrote: »
    LOL

Think about it for a bit, and then it might finally click.

I think you may have missed it.

From City scoring to the game restarting was 1.06 - it is being argued that it was added on at the end - bring it up to 95.06.

After tip off from the United winner, only 16 seconds were played. So, if you apply consistency (lol) it would mean that Owen only celebrated for 16 seonds, which clearly isn't the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Was Berbatov as rubbish in the second half as he was in the first?

Genuinely think people have this as the default comment about Berbatov.

From City scoring to the game restarting was 1.06 - it is being argued that it was added on at the end - bring it up to 95.06.

After tip off from the United winner, only 16 seconds were played. So, if you apply consistency (lol) it would mean that Owen only celebrated for 16 seonds, which clearly isn't the case.

When Owen scored there was only supposed to be 8 seconds left. So after the Owen celebration the play went on for 16 seconds.

Unearthly wrote: »
    When Owen scored there was only supposed to be 8 seconds left. So after the Owen celebration the play went on for 16 seconds.

ah - i get you. yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Great game, United did their best to throw it away with two silly mistakes but always created the better chances, but for given it would have been a route.

Foster should learn from his mistake and clear the balll at the first oppertunity in future, he could have done better for Citys third goal too. Ferdinand had eliminated that aspect of his play , it was dissappointing to see him make such an elementary mistake.

I said earlier in the thread that Fletcher would be important if we were to win, I didn't expect him to row in with the goals, he's having a fantastic season.

Had Tevez scored just before half time it may hav been a different but true to form he missed . In comparison delighted to see Owen keep his head and stick the ball in the net in such fashion. Goals like that show he can still do it at the top level.

Maximun points from 3 tough games and excellent performances in the last two I'm a lot more confident of United chances this year than I was pre season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

only1stevo wrote:

Robbed this off another forum

Bellamy scores at 89:55, after the four minutes were signalled. Play wasn't restarted until 91:01 (1:06 time wasted). We won a corner, Anderson was subebd for Carrick (30 seconds). That gives us a total of 1:36 over the original four, and Owen scored at 95:28 (ie 8 seconds short of this).

Case.. CLOSED.
    dobsdave wrote:
    Man Utd forum?

No, It was R.A.W.K.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

On a sour note -

This link isn't working for me, can someone post the pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hughes' reaction -

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12602_5572371,00.html

Quite dignified, didn't lose his cool, and is very well spoken. Like him more and more each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Hughes' reaction -

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12602_5572371,00.html

Quite dignified, didn't lose his cool, and is very well spoken. Like him more and more each game.

He's always been like that. In fact if you see interviews of him as a Utd player he comes across as very shy and uncomfortable in front of the camera. Thankfully he was never like that on the pitch. :D

Just seen that Bellamy incident on SSN.

Was it a united or city fan?

Complete idiot whoever it was.

Bellamy shouldn't have raised his hands to him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

rarnes1 wrote: »

was it a video or picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Harpy wrote: »
    was it a video or picture?

Video, just seen it there now,

stupid from him, he is sure to get a ban.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

rarnes1 wrote: »

Definitely came from the United section. He was wrestled to the ground by 4 stewards, then Bellamy went up to him and slapped him in the face (while still being held by the stewards). Some of the United players them remonstrated with Bellamy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Bellamy loves touching men's faces, slapped Anderson when he was on the ground too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dfvpd2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Yeah, but
    881445329-20092009151309.jpg
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

dfvpd2.jpg

Falcon PUNCH!

Yeah, but

They are apparently good friends so that's only a bit of banter. Sure Tevez had his hand around him going off at half time. I think they might even be ghey :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

only1stevo wrote: »
    Robbed this off another forum

Bellamy scores at 89:55, after the four minutes were signalled. Play wasn't restarted until 91:01 (1:06 time wasted). We won a corner, Anderson was subebd for Carrick (30 seconds). That gives us a total of 1:36 over the original four, and Owen scored at 95:28 (ie 8 seconds short of this).

Case.. CLOSED.
    Since when did ref's add on stoppage time onto stoppage time though?

Didn't anyone see Carlton Cole's goal ruled out last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

They are apparently good friends so that's only a bit of banter. Sure Tevez had his hand around him going off at half time. I think they might even be ghey :pac:

It has been denied vehemently by Evra, during Park's birthday party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Kirby wrote: »
    Falcon PUNCH!

em no

this is a falcon punch

the%20falcon.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yeah, but

Is that Evra's sex face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

dfvpd2.jpg
    Haha... Amy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is that Evra's sex face?

I hope not

Cant wait to see MoTD2 later now..:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Better than the liverpool 4-3 newcastle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Actually your the one that does not get it, the game is 90 mins long, extra time is added for the amount of that time that is wasted, an extra 1.06 secs was added because the city celebration ate into the 4 mins that were left, before owen scored there were only 16 secs left so he could only play the remaining 16 seconds after the restart, you can't invent extra time just because a goal is scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Voltwad wrote: »
    Better than the liverpool 4-3 newcastle?

Not a chance.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

blue-army wrote: »
    Since when did ref's add on stoppage time onto stoppage time though?
    What do you mean? It's common sense. If there's a delay in stoppage time, of course the ref adds more.

A further point on stoppage time which hardly ever gets mentioned. If the 4th official puts up 4 minutes that's the minimum. If the ref wants to add 4 mins 59s, the 4th official puts up 4 mins. Most people automatically assume 4 = 4 mins stoppage, when it actually means anything between 4 mins and 4 mins 59s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Actually your the one that does not get it, the game is 90 mins long, extra time is added for the amount of that time that is wasted, an extra 1.06 secs was added because the city celebration ate into the 4 mins that were left, before owen scored there were only 16 secs left so he could only play the remaining 16 seconds after the restart, you can't invent extra time just because a goal is scored.

This man knows what hes talking about!

Before Owen scored there was 16 seconds left.. after his celebration finished, the ref played 16 seconds.. game over...

Final Score: United 4 City 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Beasty wrote: »
    Definitely came from the United section. He was wrestled to the ground by 4 stewards, then Bellamy went up to him and slapped him in the face (while still being held by the stewards). Some of the United players them remonstrated with Bellamy
    Haven't seen it yet myself but that description sounds like it's quite bad. It doesn't suprise me tbh, coming from Bellamy. In terms of football he did have a great game with two top notch goals; silly to tarnish that.

Concerning the added time I think City fans are justified to feel a bit hard done by. Fergie has definitely taken advantage of the interpretive aspect of added time over the years. His pressure on refs must play on their minds.

From a united point of view it was great to see the players take full advantage of the time that they had. They kept their cool and they had the conviction and skill to get the job done - it's just so damn satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Hughes wonders where the time came from....

thetruthisoutthere2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lot of liverpool fans around the net losing their cool. How short their memories are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

That game took a good ten years of me life.

Fantastic result, John O Shea and Rio did their best to lose it for us, but bellamy took his chances well. Shame we will have to put up with city in the headlines for another week over the incident.

I really wish berbatov would learn to header at an angle.

Still 9 points from Arsenal,Spurs,City is a great result.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Still 9 points from Arsenal,Spurs,City is a great result.:)

Not to mention traveling away to Turkey in the middle of it all, really brilliant result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lot of liverpool fans around the net losing their cool.

So? There isn't any losing their cool in here. Lets hope it keeps this way. I couldn't give a **** what goes on in football forums, etc that I don't read.

• Advertisement
Advertisement