Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester united versus Manchester City sun 1.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what was going through his head when he did that

he could be in trouble with the FA now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Melion wrote: »
    Since when did we start adding time on for celebrations though? I've never heard of it anyway

Apparantly if the ref deems the celebration to be excessive in its length then the ref can add it on, was 55 seconds so that is fairly long. That's what was said on The Last Word on Sky about it anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The fan had a pop at Bellamy first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

The fan had a pop at Bellamy first

Er no he did not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

only1stevo wrote: »
    Er no he did not.

I think he did, verbally.
    So Bellamy is still a silly boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just back from this game 2 hours ago, wrecked in every sense of the word. City didn't deserve a thing from the game and justice was served in the end, beach justice.

I haven't read anything and I see there is 26 pages so I'm gonna have a read and enjoy :)

Special praise I may add too Giggs and good luck Carrick and Hargreavs getting back into the squad with the way Ando and Fletcher are playing at the moment, immense.

Whois that man from Argentinaaaaa
    Whois that money grabbing....

only1stevo wrote: »
    Er no he did not.

Indeed he did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Indeed he did
    Where did you see this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Dave! wrote: »
    For those who missed it, they showed the video on MOTD of Bellamy's altercation after the match ended.

Pretty stupid thing for him to do :eek:

A pitch invader came on and was caught by the stewards, only for Bellamy to walk over on his own, and shove yer man in the face ! I mean he had no reason to go over, it wasn't even close to him, he had to walk all the way over just to do it.

He didn't hit him or anything, but it was just mind boggling that he'd get involved at all !

Best thing about that vid shown on MOTD2 for united fans was Owen and Rooney Hugging in the bottom of the picture

Where did you see this?

Sly Sports News, the fan didnt hit him but he his was raised first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh I seen that fan running onto the pitch, he came from the stretty. Belmay just kicked the ball at him and pushed him in the face. Nothing really, he deserved it.

Plus

2afh0yq.jpg

man_united_1485333c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sly Sports News, the fan didnt hit him but he his was raised first.

The stewards had him restrained 20 feet from Bellamy , He walk over and shove him in the face .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Will people stop saying Ryan Giggs is past it now? Jesus he was incredible today, 3 assists and at the heart of everything good United did. Add that to his stunning free kick last week agaijnst Spurs and I can see another Footballer of the Year award coming his way.:pac:

Also Fletcher is maturing into a serious midfield player, as well as the usual ridicukous workrate, his use of the ball and passing was fantastic.

I can see Ferdinand getting benched for the game next week, he was so careless today.

And what can you say about Michael Owen, totally justified his signing with that finish. Glad to see Headshot has altered his sig already.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

So I'm just back from manchester, haven't had a chance to read the thread or catch up yet.

Anything interesting happen in the world of football today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just popping in to say a couple of things;

1) utd deserved the win without a shadow of a doubt; an absolute pummelling apart from the 20mins in the first half after the City goal.

2) anderson and fletcher were phenomenal.

i admit i was wrong. i genuinely thought utd might struggle in the middle; but it was a mis-match the other way. barry didn't get a kick. fletcher worked like a trojan as well as keeping it simple, and scoring 2. anderson really, really impressed me today. once he learns to choose his passes a bit better (i.e. keeping it simple sometimes), thus cutting out his tendency to needlessly give the ball away he'll be a serious player. his ability to pick out rooney & bebra in that 'hole' at will was, if i could be so bold, alonso-esque ;).

3) i wrote off giggs at the start of last season. i learned my lesson and kept my mouth shut about him at the start of this. unbelievable again today. yes, he's slower. yes, sometimes he gets muscled off the ball far too easily, but he's got a football brain like no other. 3 assists today, and the touch of class which brought utd home.

4) bellamy was awesome. both goals were pure class, even though the second started with a rio error. where was that form at Liverpool?? ah well...

5) the 6 mins was a farce, but i hardly need to say it. i'm sure it's been talked about to death in here so i won't go on. City didn't really deserve a draw, but once they had it at 3-3, they did not deserve to lose it that way, nobody does. very much robbed. football can be a b*tch.

all in all, an unbelievable derby match, and i envy those who were lucky enough to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The bitterness in here is so sad its riduclous and its even worse when its coming from fans of a team not even involved in the game.

The team who were easily best won. Couldnt have happened to a nice set of fans (this is based on the idiotic City fans who were in the city centre after the gameO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I applaud your impartiality ! Great post and an accurate account of todays game IMO.

Well done City for a great performance today and for making this Derby game one to remember. Looking forward to the next one with relish.

Giggs yet again proved his critics wrong, Jessica (Fletcher) was superb today and good to see Rooney getting his form back. Valencia and Anderson also deserve a mention, great performances and a pleasure to watch them giving 110% in the red shirt. Foster needs a bit more time in the reserves I think and Berbatov is a muppet - nothing new there !!

Thanks to everyone in Sportslink today for their excellent support for the losers ;) lol. I know one of you is here on this forum ;)

Ken
    SlickRic wrote: »
    just popping in to say a couple of things;

1) utd deserved the win without a shadow of a doubt; an absolute pummelling apart from the 20mins in the first half after the City goal.

2) anderson and fletcher were phenomenal.

i admit i was wrong. i genuinely thought utd might struggle in the middle; but it was a mis-match the other way. barry didn't get a kick. fletcher worked like a trojan as well as keeping it simple, and scoring 2. anderson really, really impressed me today. once he learns to choose his passes a bit better (i.e. keeping it simple sometimes), thus cutting out his tendency to needlessly give the ball away he'll be a serious player. his ability to pick out rooney & bebra in that 'hole' at will was, if i could be so bold, alonso-esque ;).

3) i wrote off giggs at the start of last season. i learned my lesson and kept my mouth shut about him at the start of this. unbelievable again today. yes, he's slower. yes, sometimes he gets muscled off the ball far too easily, but he's got a football brain like no other. 3 assists today, and the touch of class which brought utd home.

4) bellamy was awesome. both goals were pure class, even though the second started with a rio error. where was that form at Liverpool?? ah well...

5) the 6 mins was a farce, but i hardly need to say it. i'm sure it's been talked about to death in here so i won't go on. City didn't really deserve a draw, but once they had it at 3-3, they did not deserve to lose it that way, nobody does. very much robbed. football can be a b*tch.

all in all, an unbelievable derby match, and i envy those who were lucky enough to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Mmm . . no bias there then ? I thought these posts were a thing of the past here now ? Obviously I was mistaken !!

Ken
    BolBill wrote: »
    STUPID Question. He did that because hes Gary Neville, Worlds biggest dickhead. Want to see more of him, check him out on youtube when he wouldnt shake Scmichels hand in the tunnel when he came back with another team., The guy is a twat, alway has been always wil be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Anyone have a vid of the Bellamy thing with the supporter at the end?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

The 6 minuted of injury time came from:

4 mins was advised.

Then city scored and ate into it. So he added more.

United also made a sub during injury time which would need to be added on.

5 anda half or 6 mins isnt wholly unreasonable.

Whats the problem?
    Nonsense. Football is corrupt but no one really wants to accept it.

It's a billion dollar industry, why do people think corruption can exist in other billion dollar industries but the idea that it is present in football is laughable?

It exists and it's obvious, but people at all levels refuse to accept it. Far better to pretend that corruption only exists over there on the continent. Corruption is something that happens in Italy, not honest old blightly. Who would want something run by money to be controlled? Who could possibly want the 'flagship' club of the 'product' to be successful. What nonsense.

Far more irritating than the tin-foil brigade are those annoying people who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to acknowledge even the remotest possiblity that there is a problem in the game. They're the ones that need to grow up.

Say what you want about Italy but at least someone there had the bollocks to (eventually) look into Moggi's influence on referees. No way would anyone in this country ever have the guts to do the same with Ferguson, despite the very, very dodgy goings on.

You can't control the scoreline, but you can control the officials and United have done for years. Saying the nearly 7 minutes of injury time was right is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ZENER wrote: »
    Mmm . . no bias there then ? I thought these posts were a thing of the past here now ? Obviously I was mistaken !!

Ken

Ah you have to make a few exceptions now and then.

LOL at the football is corrupt brigade. They can't see that United played brilliantly and deserved to win the game Instead they focus on some notion of a miscarriage of justice in every game . Arsenal it was Rooneys Peno, City it was extra time. It's always something gone in United favour , never that they are just an awesome football team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Nonsense. Football is corrupt but no one really wants to accept it.

It's a billion dollar industry, why do people think corruption can exist in other billion dollar industries but the idea that it is present in football is laughable?

It exists and it's obvious, but people at all levels refuse to accept it. Far better to pretend that corruption only exists over there on the continent. Corruption is something that happens in Italy, not honest old blightly. Who would want something run by money to be controlled? Who could possibly want the 'flagship' club of the 'product' to be successful. What nonsense.

Far more irritating than the tin-foil brigade are those annoying people who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to acknowledge even the remotest possiblity that there is a problem in the game. They're the ones that need to grow up.

Say what you want about Italy but at least someone there had the bollocks to (eventually) look into Moggi's influence on referees. No way would anyone in this country ever have the guts to do the same with Ferguson, despite the very, very dodgy goings on.

You can't control the scoreline, but you can control the officials and United have done for years. Saying the nearly 7 minutes of injury time was right is laughable.

lolz :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

No words to describe that... This wee man sums it up!
    > :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Seen the fanzone? Hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYd8yPZWTBM

I could watch this all day.

Actually I think I will.:D

• Advertisement

But, but....Owen has no pace. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Anyone who thinks the injury time was justified given the lack of injuries and other stoppages is just a headcase. The officials are intimindated by Ferguson. Simple as. Fair play to Giggs and Owen for taking advantage.

But jeez, City were rank in the second half. Bellamy was absolutely outstanding, not the first time he's torn the United defence to shreds. But Ireland was useless, Barry was very poor, and SWP was worst of all.

Anyone who thinks the injury time was justified given the lack of injuries and other stoppages is just a headcase.

There were 2 teams playing. City were more than entitled to push on and try win the match in injury time just like United!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

There is bound to be some corruption in football but it does get wearisome hearing every week how fergie controls refs and officials , yes he has influence of course he does most top managers are going to. However sky sports added up the the time this morning and it seems to be spot on.
    Edit i forgot he controls sky sports as well:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dimitri wrote: »
    There is bound to be some corruption in football but it does get wearisome hearing every week how fergie controls refs and officials , yes he has influence of course he does most top managers are going to. However sky sports added up the the time this morning and it seems to be spot on.
    Edit i forgot he controls sky sports as well:D
    The issue with the time added on is not so much that it was technically incorrect (it seems to have been technically correct), but that time added on simply isn't added on like that in most cases. It is very unusual to see a ref stick to the rules like that. While it was right (maybe) it is the inconsistency of application that annoys people.

As for Fergie having an influence, if he is not doing anything illegal then fair play to him. I'm sure liverpool fans don't complain when their fans help to intimidate the refs on the big euro nights, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm sure liverpool fans don't complain when their fans help to intimidate the refs on the big euro nights, for example.

:eek: how dare you!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Fair play to Mickie Owen. Striker's goal. Paid by performance so Id say he'll be gettin a nice wedge for yesterday's effort! City were terrible second half but my god what was Rio thinking

not paid by performance, salary topped up closer to his newcastle level by performance.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    :eek: how dare you!

;)

in all seriousness - being throwing that one around in my head; is there a difference between the two?

Does Fergie having an active role to play in the match in comparison to any set of fans make a difference? People wouldn't complain about fans influencing decisions and would praise fans for the ferocity of their support and its ability to do so (if it intimidates opposition players it will surely intimidate the ref too). Look at Anfield on a European night, or the Turkish fans in general - I would say more than one ref has been influenced by supporters in such atmospheres.

While the supporters ability to generate such an atmosphere is lauded, Fergie is called corrupt and a cancer on the game. Is there really that much of a difference between the two situations?

not paid by performance, salary topped up closer to his newcastle level by performance.

Source, link, Made up?

Boggles wrote: »
    Source, link, Made up?

I have read he is on 20k pw basic, then topped up on that for appearances and goals. I doubt it is topped up as far as the 100k plus he was on at Newcastle though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

While the supporters ability to generate such an atmosphere is lauded, Fergie is called corrupt and a cancer on the game. Is there really that much of a difference between the two situations?

As a manager I do my utmost every week to influence the referee.

So does every manager on the planet.

i'll have a look for the article when work quietens down in the afternoon.

makes sense though, he is all about the £££££££ - hardly gonna play for free! :rolleyes:

makes sense though, he is all about the £££££££ - hardly gonna play for free! :rolleyes:

No one was claiming he should play for fee Al.
    i'll have a look for the article when work quietens down in the afternoon.

For anyone who doesn't speak Alan.

Here is the translation.

"Fook, I just made that up and I've been called on it, i'll tell Boggles I'm too busy, but will get back to him later hoping he will forget my bullshít!"

lol good lad boggles :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Haven't read through the thread but did Bellamy actually punch a fan? And are there any vids of it up?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5735857/Michael-Owen-completes-Manchester-United-move.html
    The striker will take take a substantial cut to his £110,000-a-week wages at Newcastle, although he will earn a similar figure if clauses related to goals, appearances and success are met.

this would also tie in with what is being said by Stoke and other clubs who were in for him who said his wages were going to be a stumbling block.

you can apologise by PM boggles x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Anyone who thinks the injury time was justified given the lack of injuries and other stoppages is just a headcase. The officials are intimindated by Ferguson. Simple as. Fair play to Giggs and Owen for taking advantage.

But jeez, City were rank in the second half. Bellamy was absolutely outstanding, not the first time he's torn the United defence to shreds. But Ireland was useless, Barry was very poor, and SWP was worst of all.

Hi My name is Rockman , And I am a Headcase,
    It all started in 1993 when Steve headed that cracker and I was hooked never again was 90 mins the same . I started looking for more 1 /2 mins oh the joy 3/4 god help me , I needed more :eek: Yesterday 5 /6 mins I'M IN HEAVEN :D:D

MOTD 2 proved where it came from and yes the ref played 1 Sec over .
    1 Sec :eek:

PS how many bookings where there are they not stoppages ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5735857/Michael-Owen-completes-Manchester-United-move.html

this would also tie in with what is being said by Stoke and other clubs who were in for him who said his wages were going to be a stumbling block.

you can apologise by PM boggles x x

A unconfirmed newspaper article, lolz. Come on Al you can do better that.

:rolleyes:

what the **** did you expect, a official statement from Utd?! :rolleyes:

when we talk about wages etc on here all we are ever talking about is unconfirmed newspaper articles.

what the **** did you expect, a official statement from Utd?! :rolleyes:

when we talk about wages etc on here all we are ever talking about is unconfirmed newspaper articles.

Maybe a qoute from a club official.

Oh thats right, United never release information like that.

Therefore would it be fair to say you are talking out of your Arsé early on a Monday morning Al?

Lets have a look at the figures you posted.

30,000 a week.

He played 25 minutes yesterday and scored = 80,000

We give him 30 grand for the goal and 2 grand a minute??

Your embarrasing Alan.

i'm embarrasing?!

you don't have any information either in regards to what he is earning Boggles, other than we know its performance related.

you just seem to like to think that a player famed for being money hungry took an 85% pay cut to join Utd, i on the other hand, am just being more realistic in think 50% would be closer to the actual amount (i actually think i'm being generous with that)

(hold up as well! i'm not trying to claim i have any idea what he would've earned for his performance yesterday. i'm talking about his contract in general)

i'm embarrasing?!

you don't have any information either in regards to what he is earning Boggles, other than we know its performance related.

you just seem to like to think that a player famed for being money hungry took an 85% pay cut to join Utd, i on the other hand, am just being more realistic in think 50% would be closer to the actual amount.

Making up percentages on the spot doesn't make it any less embarrasing Alan.

Do yourself a favour mate, go for a coffee.

You asked for a link as to why i thought he would be earning similar amount to he did at Newcastle if clauses etc are met (on top of people knowing he is all about the £££), i provided it for you. Should have known that wouldn't be enough.

Good day to you sir!

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    A unconfirmed newspaper article, lolz. Come on Al you can do better that.

:rolleyes:

Go easy , at least there was a source of some kind and not just a figment of the imagination this time. I'm impressed.

Advertisement