Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester united versus Manchester City sun 1.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Evans was made look like a fool by whats his name alright. I was watching showboat on Soccer am and he was on it about 4 times from that match alone. I think Evans plays much better at CB than at LB to be honest.

Sunday is warming up nicely now I have to say. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Boggles wrote: »
    Saying the City midfield is better is naive, given they will be up against a combination Sunday whatever it is that has been there and bought the t-shirt.
    I'm not going to join the arguement about the quality of United's central midfield just now. Lots of United fans, including myself, think it's shìte and you, and lots of other United fans, think it's good. I'll argue with you about that some other time. Probably later today :pac:

But i do sort of agree with the spirit of the quote above. I would say that Sunday could turn into a test of the credentials of City's midfield. Here's what i mean - United are very hard to beat - we have a great defence and the team is well organised, motivated and, as Boggles says, has massive experience. We've also got very potent attacking options. Now, assuming that City's defence doesn't suddenly turn in a shocker, the question i would be asking of their midfield is, can they out play the experienced, organised and motivated United midfield [edit:] and break down the United defence? Personally i haven't seen enough of them yet to make a prediction on that, i've only seen the Blackburn game this season. But, imo, if de Jong, Barry and Ireland can't outplay whatever central midfield pair United put out then they're not up to much.

Btw i don't think winning the midfield battle against United necessarily guarantees victory. As the Arsenal game showed, we can lose the midfield battle and still come away with a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Both Tevez and Santa Cruz trained fully (apart from the last few minutes of a game) with the main squad this morning.

Make of that what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd be flabbergasted if Tevez didn't pay. Can't wait to see the first challenge between him and Evra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Both Tevez and Santa Cruz trained fully (apart from the last few minutes of a game) with the main squad this morning.

Make of that what you will.

I could understand Tevez starting on the back of that, but surely RSC would be some way off match fitness - did he get any preseason?

• Advertisement

I could understand Tevez starting on the back of that, but surely RSC would be some way off match fitness - did he get any preseason?

Nope nothing, and I doubt he'll be involved.

I'd say Tevez will be on the bench.

Xavi6 wrote: »

I'd say Tevez will be on the bench.

And to think that was why he left United :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Fletcher>Barry>Carrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

nicklauski wrote: »
    And to think that was why he left United :p

hes. not. fit.

bigstar wrote: »
    hes. not. fit.

its. a. joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

its. a. joke.

not. a. good. one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    not. a. good. one.

yes. it .was

why. are. we. typing. like. this.
    Shatner. would. be. proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd be flabbergasted if Tevez didn't pay...

I wouldn't be suprised to hear that he doesn't pay. I've always got the impression that he's the stingy type
    Sure didn't he join city just for the money :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd be flabbergasted if Tevez didn't pay.

Oh he'll pay alright, pay the price for disrespecting Fergie. Muha. MUHAHA. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Des wrote: »
    Oh he'll pay alright, pay the price for disrespecting Fergie. Muha. MUHAHA. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahhh chant of the year ... goes like;

This is how it feels to be Fergie
    This is how it feels to be small
    This is how it feels when Tevez won't answer your call.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ahhh chant of the year ... goes like;

This is how it feels to be Fergie
    This is how it feels to be small
    This is how it feels when Tevez won't answer your call.

:D

That's just our chant about you re-hashed. This is my fav and you will hear a lot this weekend

In '76,
    This is true,
    A Trophy was won by a team in blue.
    It's been a long time, since that date
    So we'll sing a song
    That they f*ckn hate...

33years
    (F*ck all)
    33 years
    (F*ck all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

RasTa wrote: »
    That's just our chant about you re-hashed.

Clubs fans steal chants shocker.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

RasTa wrote: »
    This is my fav and you will hear a lot this weekend

No doubt you'll also be hearing our new Tevez chant also. The atmosphere should be electric.

fergie reckons were missing our star player in adebayor. sure united are missing theirs too, hes in madrid. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

fergie reckons were missing our star player in adebayor. sure united are missing theirs too, hes in madrid. :pac:

No, he was sold for £80,000,000.

You might have heard about it, it was all over the news.

Boggles wrote: »
    No, he was sold for £80,000,000.

You might have heard about it, it was all over the news.

eh...
    its. a. joke.

jaysus you guys seem very tense coming up to the match, a bit apprehensive perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

When did Rooney join Madrid!!! :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Most expensive Loan deal in history?

or

Injured and on a trip to madrid?

or

Are you SURE Rooney isnt playing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

a bit apprehensive perhaps.

lolz :D

Jaysis gone be with the days that you could use a bit of sarcasm. At least the United fans were clued in :P

Mr Alan wrote: »
    not. a. good. one.

Oh, so it had to be taken completely seriously, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fergie never reckons, he KNOWS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Trilla wrote: »
    Fergie never reckons, he KNOWS

LOL :D:p

• Advertisement

i hear Rio is a doubt for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I expect United to win comfortably enough, if not in the scoreline then in general dominance and control of the game. 2-0 United is my predo

Headshot wrote: »
    i hear Rio is a doubt for the game

Yeah I got that in the United e mail about an hour ago. Which claims that Man Citys star player is..................................................................

Gary Barry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I for one was really looking forward to the "Derby" this Sunday but apparently the deity that is SAF has spoken and announced that for him the derby match is actually with Liverpool:confused::rolleyes:

He's a funny auld one, not sure when to take him seriously anymore.......
    Have to say though, his pseudo psych wind up's are starting early this year:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I for one was really looking forward to the "Derby" this Sunday but apparently the deity that is SAF has spoken and announced that for him the derby match is actually with Liverpool:confused::rolleyes:

He's a funny auld one, not sure when to take him seriously anymore.......
    Have to say though, his pseudo psych wind up's are starting early this year:D

The big game for a lot of united fans is liverpool.

the big game for most ex pro's at united was liverpool/arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

For anyone outside of Manchester (and many inside), Liverpool/United is a bigger game than City/United. Think of Barca/Real, it's the same thing. Espanyol/Barca is generally just another league game and although there's a bit more of a fierce rivalry between Athletico/Real - it's the team that isn't as successful that seems to care more about the games. Being blunt, that's City.

And I'd imagine Fergie is trying to put City in their place and take the wind out of their sails.

• Advertisement

For anyone outside of Manchester (and many inside), Liverpool/United is a bigger game than City/United. Think of Barca/Real, it's the same thing. Espanyol/Barca is generally just another league game and although there's a bit more of a fierce rivalry between Athletico/Real - it's the team that isn't as successful that seems to care more about the games. Being blunt, that's City.

And I'd imagine Fergie is trying to put City in their place and take the wind out of their sails.

ohhh it means something to Utd believe me. If it didnt then Fergie wouldn't even be making these comments. After all I don't recall him saying anything before they played Burnley, or any other 'smaller' team. As for singling out City's best player, sure he forgot to mention he made an approach for Ireland not a month ago.

City are a dangerous team, you know it and Fergie knows it, City ALWAYS give a good account of themselves on derby day and thats why a lot of fans are worried... just look at the reaction on this very board. tbh the result of this game is a coin toss, either team could win on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

ohhh it means something to Utd believe me. If it didnt then Fergie wouldn't even be making these comments. After all I don't recall him saying anything before they played Burnley, or any other 'smaller' team. As for singling out City's best player, sure he forgot to mention he made an approach for Ireland not a month ago.

City are a dangerous team, you know it and Fergie knows it, City ALWAYS give a good account of themselves on derby day and thats why a lot of fans are worried... just look at the reaction on this very board. tbh the result of this game is a coin toss, either team could win on the day.

Agree with you 100%.......
    The OH just said the same thing earlier when I was telling him about the "tripe" that SAF had been spouting. He said that after the 4-1 trashing of Manu Utd by the 'pool last season that SAF said that Man Utd were the better team throughout:confused:
    We are starting to wonder if he's had a stroke or something and no-one seems to have noticed.......
    He'll defo have one if City can produce the same result against Utd on Sunday:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We are starting to wonder if he's had a stroke or something and no-one seems to have noticed.......

He could have one......and the United fans would still claim he did it on purpose and its just mind games. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

cmon utd!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

0-0 please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Old one but still funny...

20 years ago this weekend -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd rather beat City than beat Liverpool. I know plenty of United fans who'd rather beat City than win the bloody league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

tbh the result of this game is a coin toss, either team could win on the day.

if you really believe that then ill take that bet with you .
    how much would you like to bet ?
    otherwise stop talking nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

United for the win but dont think itl be an easy one can see a 1-0 or 2-1 united!!!
    Would love a big win for United, Think its time someone put man city back into their box this season before they run away with over confidence!

green123 wrote: »
    if you really believe that then ill take that bet with you .
    how much would you like to bet ?
    otherwise stop talking nonsense

yes I believe that either City or Utd will win, I'll bet you 100.00 of your eurons.

I hope utd will ****ing destroy city

I look forward to singing that song xavi gets very upset with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

As a united supporter it hurts when Liverpool beat us...its EMBARRASSING when city beat us.. If bolton get bought by the richest man in the world that fixture will suddenly become a big derby aswell. The Manchester derby would only become bigger than the pool-united game if pool go through a period of 20 years of stuggling + relegation and city start winning leage titles and european cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not saying as a wind up, but the real derby for a lot of United supporters is surely with Liverpool; for City supporters, it's with United.

Sure that will change if City progress as they are doing now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Actually United, beat em and let Chelsea keep the 100% record i don't mind, Its win/win/win most ways or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement