Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diving in the professional game

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Mr Alan wrote: »
    actually in regards to the OP

the very first line in the first post in this thread was a blatant lie.

Which part of it is a lie? The fact that he dives or that he's a talented footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The fact that he dived the other night when the OP was watching the Liverpool-Debrechen game.

There was nothing close to a dive in that match from him.

Hence why this thread is built on a foundation of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Is there a bet anywhere you can put on for how many penalties that Ronaldo will convert at real madrid this season? I can see them getting about 1 every 2 games to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

gucci wrote: »
    Is there a bet anywhere you can put on for how many penalties that Ronaldo will convert at real madrid this season? I can see them getting about 1 every 2 games to be honest.

so you reckon real madrid will win around 25-30 penalties this season. They are likely to play at least 50 games (probably more). This would mean that Ronaldo would score at least 20penalties alone this season (allowing for a certain number of misses). Surely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Diving could be wiped out overnight by fifa, if they would just bring in retrospective video analysis. Anyone deemed to have dived gets a 3 match ban. Easy.

Unfortunately fifa is run by cavemen who refuse to embrace the now ancient technology that is video replays. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

There was nothing close to a dive in that match from him.

Nothing close? In that case you were watching a completely different match. So far you've changed your opinion from a "stonewall penalty" to not being a penalty.
    Hence why this thread is built on a foundation of ****.

A foundation of **** eh?

Let's look at my original points again, let's locate this foundation of ****:

Talented player - I've seen plenty of evidence to support that.

Not being honest - He has cheated before, I've posted a video to show it.

Hypocritical - He claims to hate diving but practices it.

My reaction and the reaction of both commentators during the game was that it was NOT a penalty despite Gerrard's attempts to be awarded one.

Unless you have evidence to disprove the claim that he dived then don't bother posting your accusations of **** that I post.

how have i changed my opinion at all?

post videos of the two incidents showing how no contact was made & he went down.

you started this thread cause you wanted to slate Gerrard for diving, you just needed it to be topical so invented dives in the match the other night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

I dont think there's any player that hasnt been guilty of some sort of dive, but Ronaldo was definitely the worst by a far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

you started this thread cause you wanted to slate Gerrard for diving,

Whats exactly is your problem with that Al?

how have i changed my opinion at all?
    post #141
    it was a blatant peno.

post #147
    it wasn't a peno, despite him looking for one
    post videos of the two incidents showing how no contact was made & he went down.

no thanks.

also, what has contact got to do with him diving?
    you started this thread cause you wanted to slate Gerrard for diving, you just needed it to be topical so invented dives in the match the other night.

no i didn't. :rolleyes:

I wanted to discuss his hypocrisy on diving. I also wanted to discuss the absence of this topic in the press. Then you decided to claim it was stonewall penalty, then state it wasn't a dive, then decided to retreat behind the lack of a video to enforce your claims.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Whats exactly is your problem with that Al?

no problem at all if it was about dives he's done in the past, just the notion that a dive was invented from the other night to try & pass the thread of as being relevant.
    quarryman wrote: »
    post #141
    it was a blatant peno.

post #147
    it wasn't a peno, despite him looking for one

quite clearly talking about 2 different incidents.

no problem at all if it was about dives he's done in the past, just the notion that a dive was invented from the other night to try & pass the thread of as being relevant.

really? You would have absolutely no issue with a thread being created on one of his previous dives? pull the other one.

iregardless, the intention of this thread was not to list his dives and compare each to drogba/ronaldo et al. so this point is irrelavant.
    quite clearly talking about 2 different incidents.

in that case, apologies, i didn't read it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

just the notion that a dive was invented from the other night to try & pass the thread of as being relevant.

I didn't see a replay of the incident after the match but I definately at the time thought he star fished.

Advertisement