Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't Dublin Bus show up from time to time?

• 16-09-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

I waited for 45 mins for the 2040 67a from Maynooth to Pearse St (getting off at Celbridge) this evening, and it just never showed up. I initally thought that maybe the buses weren't running because of the luas crash (I just saw a headline, didn't know what happpened) but four 66 buses went past me in the time I was waiting.

Dublin Bus are notorious for just not showing up on this route, this is about the 6th time in 2 years that this has happened to me, and I'm not someone who shows up just before the bus leaves, I was waiting for the 2040 service since 8.25pm.

Anyone have any idea why the Pearse St to Maynooth via Celbridge route just doesn't go sometimes? Or why this bus didn't turn up tonight? Should I bother ringing DB and complaining?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Phone the depot. Did that once when a bus had failed to appear for about 20 minutes and all of a sudden a bus hiding in the turning bay lit up and appeared... driver was either pulling a sneaky one or the controller was trying to cover for a missing bus or something.

Was a 66 ex Maynooth on a weekend evening, was the only person getting on at the terminus and it was basically empty all the way in (being late didn't help!).

01 7033462 is the number I have for Phibsboro garage here, dunno if its current.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I waited for 45 mins for the 2040 67a from Maynooth to Pearse St (getting off at Celbridge) this evening, and it just never showed up. I initally thought that maybe the buses weren't running because of the luas crash (I just saw a headline, didn't know what happpened) but four 66 buses went past me in the time I was waiting.

Dublin Bus are notorious for just not showing up on this route, this is about the 6th time in 2 years that this has happened to me, and I'm not someone who shows up just before the bus leaves, I was waiting for the 2040 service since 8.25pm.

Anyone have any idea why the Pearse St to Maynooth via Celbridge route just doesn't go sometimes? Or why this bus didn't turn up tonight? Should I bother ringing DB and complaining?

I would imagine that as a result of the chaos caused by the bus/Luas crash on O'Connell Street today the schedule was all over the place with drivers and buses at the wrong ends of their routes.

While you may have indeed seen several 66 services, they were probably all running late as well.

It can be a good idea to ring the depot - the times are printed at the bottom of each timetable if something like this happens - and ask for the controller for that route who ought to be able to at the very least tell you when the bus will turn up.

Advertisement