Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swine flu

• 16-09-2009 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

last month late july early august,i came down with what i taught was a bug,,,i had aches an pains went off food ,fever,vomiting , diarrhea all the usual stuff , i gave it to my wife and then we gave to 3 of our young kids the usual with a bug , the vomiting and stuff cleared up in 3 days but we were still wrecked for a good bit after now my daughters after coming home from school with pamphlet after pamphlet about swine flu and im convinced this is what i had,,, 2 other people from the club had the same bug but because there was no real talk of swine flu at the time so we just taught it was a bug, any one else get sick around then

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Sorry to hear your family had such a bad time with it. Make sure you get plenty of Vitiman C & D into you. Also maybe get some Echinacea for the immune system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

We were warned about it in WIT today, apparently some students have contracted it and they asked that anyone feeling poorly remain off campus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Was that not the student union thing where all colleges came. My friend's student president and he got swine flu from it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Was that not the student union thing where all colleges came. My friend's student president and he got swine flu from it.

No, a new "outbreak" in the last few days. Just the two I believe.

Sully wrote: »
    No, a new "outbreak" in the last few days. Just the two I believe.
    You serious, it probably the SU now that spread it to the rest. The ba*tards! Ah, probably best get it now anyways before it mutates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Webmonkey wrote: »
    You serious, it probably the SU now that spread it to the rest. The ba*tards! Ah, probably best get it now anyways before it mutates.

Unlikely, seeing was it was a good while ago and none of the SU in WIT actually had it I believe. It was two science students, same class.

Yeah. I don't think any escaping anyways this time year. It will come some day to all of us. Just hope it doesn't turn into something different and more deadly later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

alrightcuz wrote: »
    last month late july early august,i came down with what i taught was a bug,,,i had aches an pains went off food ,fever,vomiting , diarrhea all the usual stuff , i gave it to my wife and then we gave to 3 of our young kids the usual with a bug , the vomiting and stuff cleared up in 3 days but we were still wrecked for a good bit after now my daughters after coming home from school with pamphlet after pamphlet about swine flu and im convinced this is what i had,,, 2 other people from the club had the same bug but because there was no real talk of swine flu at the time so we just taught it was a bug, any one else get sick around then

Around the same time, I woke up one morning with what I thought was Tonsillitis, Rang the doc told her I'd be in for anti-biotics on my next day off (3 days later). 2 day later throat wasn't bad so cancelled doctor. But by then I had diarrhea, really bad cough and I was falling asleep on the way home form work each day. Every time I coughed, people told me to give up smoking, which I don't. All I could eat was curry noodles as that was all I could taste. The pain was like a permanent hangover for 12 days.

By the way, I gave all these symptoms to the doc over the phone and she didn't even mention swine flu she just said it may be a another virus with a cold.

Far as I'm concerned I've had it and I survived, but I never get sick and it was the worst illness I've had in 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    By the way, I gave all these symptoms to the doc over the phone and she didn't even mention swine flu she just said it may be a another virus with a cold.

Yeah, what would she know after spending all that time studying medicine. Far as I'm concerned college is where THEY make up LIES to PUT in your head fingers.

Advertisement