Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i make broadband secure

Options
  • 16-09-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

i see a lot of posts and i dont want anyone leeching from my boradband.i use broadband wireless on my laptop and share via ethernet and network adapter on my pc upstairs.
    How do i secure my roter etc to make sure no one is piggy backing?
    Its wireless router with Perlico.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

crxsi wrote: »
    i see a lot of posts and i dont want anyone leeching from my boradband.i use broadband wireless on my laptop and share via ethernet and network adapter on my pc upstairs.
    How do i secure my roter etc to make sure no one is piggy backing?
    Its wireless router with Perlico.

Thanks

i have the same modem for about a week now..not sure if i have the wireless security set right..here is the relevant home page of the modem http://www.zyxel.com/web/product_family_detail.php?PC1indexflag=20040812093058&CategoryGroupNo=AC5783AE-9475-41AD-BDA5-0997187F44AA - download the users guide-go to the chapter on wireless security-im a home user using WPA2 PSK with AES-if you can set this up, please post back-im dying to hear from other perlico users :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭crxsi

will look taht up now. ley you know how i get on..

Advertisement