Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker exhibitions in October

• 17-09-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Just to let the snooker fans know about a few exhibitions in October.

World champion, John Higgins is coming to Ireland to do 3 exhibitions, and as world champion, he will have the world trophy with him for people to see.

1-Wed October 21st in DCU against Ken Doherty. This is being organised by DCUSU, with tickets priced at students €10, non students €17. Tickets available from box-office, 01-7005392

2-Thursday October 22nd. John Higgins will be playing in nenagh against the 2 new Irish players to join the main tour, both tipperairy lads, Brendan o donoghue and davy hogan. Tickets and information available from Brendan O donoghue on 085-7206522.

3-Friday October 23rd in Silver Springs hotel in Cork. Here John Higgens will be playing 9 of the best young players in cork.
    This night is a fundraising night for the Catherine o Leary fund.The fund was set up so as to raise money for catherine who suffers from locked in syndrome which basically means that all she can do is move her eyes and needs 24hr care for the rest of her life. she is currently been cared for in CUH but ideally caring for her in her own home would be far better. Her home needs to be adapted before she can come home. This is costing in excess of 120,000 euros.Also aftercare for the rest of her life is going to be very expensive. The fund stands at 90,000 euro at the moment which includes an anonymous donation of 50,000 euro. Her father pat has given up work to look after her full time.
    If people want to make an enquiry, they can do so by ringing Pat O Leary on 086 0802969 or David Joyce on 086 3076064.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Thanks Connie for the heads up..

I'll try to make at least one of them, probably the one in DCU. (BTW is the student price only for DCU students?)

Nice to see the world champion out there putting the effort in promoting the game, bringing it to the people and giving the young guns their oppertunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

celticfc wrote: »
    Thanks Connie for the heads up..

I'll try to make at least one of them, probably the one in DCU. (BTW is the student price only for DCU students?)

Nice to see the world champion out there putting the effort in promoting the game, bringing it to the people and giving the young guns their oppertunity.

Hi,
    Yeah, thats massive value in the DCU exhibition. You would need to ring them to find out about the student price.

Say hello on the night if your there.

Connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hmm wonder if I can swing the student price as staff :D Will defo go to DCU. Missed the one with Davis and heard it was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

zuutroy wrote: »
    Hmm wonder if I can swing the student price as staff :D Will defo go to DCU. Missed the one with Davis and heard it was very good.

Davis is a class act in exhibition. But both higgins and Doherty are well able to entertain the crowd and it should be a good fun night.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭vag77

looking forward 2 the cork one will b there great well done for bringing this 2 cork great cause

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kevray

who can i contact in relation to buying tickets for the cork venue.thanks

kevray wrote: »
    who can i contact in relation to buying tickets for the cork venue.thanks
    the crucible off blarney street r selling them thats the only place i know of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Grrr. Rang DCU Su office and they can't sell tickets over the phone. horrid annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AngryLoner

Grrr. Rang DCU Su office and they can't sell tickets over the phone. horrid annoying!

So, what.. you have to go into DCU and buy them? During the day? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Yeah but i won't be anywhere next or near DCU at all. I was hoping to get to that one cos its the nearest to me (Kildare)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AngryLoner

can u pick up tickets on the night? or is it likely to sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Conor147

I am a DCU student and I am playing against John in the exhibition. I have tickets for the exhibition so if you want any you can let me know and I can meet you in DCU on the night before it and give you the tickets? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 da-mahon-don

john higgins won all of his matches in cork except against my 16 yr old cousin who beat him..it went to the black

john higgins won all of his matches in cork except against my 16 yr old cousin who beat him..it went to the black
    yip young ryan cronin was his name won a good game 2

Advertisement