Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Zen Repair

• 17-09-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin i could get it fixed or even get someone to have a look at it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Anto McC wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin i could get it fixed or even get someone to have a look at it?

Thanks.

As far as I know Anto, nowhere.

I asked on the Portable Media Players Forum some time ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417353

I'll move this over there if you want, but I really don't think it would be any use.

What Model do you have?

I ended up buying a Microsoft Zune in the end, if you want to have a gander at mine some evening in Tolka, let me know.

It's the best piece of kit I ever owned, and I used to say I'd only ever buy Creatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

Its such a shame they've discontinued the zens. built like bricks and really great interface.

_ZeeK_ wrote: »
    Its such a shame they've discontinued the zens. built like bricks and really great interface.

The Vision M was a quality player, I do miss mine alright.

But the Vision W was a pile of cack compared to my Zune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Des wrote: »
    As far as I know Anto, nowhere.

I asked on the Portable Media Players Forum some time ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417353

I'll move this over there if you want, but I really don't think it would be any use.

Nah you're grand Des, thanks.
    What Model do you have?

It's a Vision M. An amazing piece of equipment i must say. Have it 3 years this November and never had any problems until this week. When it's not charged much, it just shuts down and "rebuilds". I Love it, have every song i own on it, which has taken my 3 years to do and certainly don't want rid of it yet, if i can help it.
    I ended up buying a Microsoft Zune in the end, if you want to have a gander at mine some evening in Tolka, let me know.

It's the best piece of kit I ever owned, and I used to say I'd only ever buy Creatives.

Yeah i'll have a gander alright. You going the game tomorrow?

Also is there something i can do that'll give me the option to reload firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Eoineo

You can get the firmware directly off the Creative website:

http://url.ie/2gaj

Did you try contacting Creative directly? I'm not sure but they used to do repairs themselves in their factory in Dublin 15. They've since downsized but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Love my Vision M & it's still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Eoineo wrote: »
    Did you try contacting Creative directly? I'm not sure but they used to do repairs themselves in their factory in Dublin 15. They've since downsized but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

They never did any repairs - even if your player was borked within warranty, they would just do a straight swap for another one and then send the broken ones back to Singapore. Replacements used to come from their facility in Blanchardstown but these days there is practically nobody left there and there is no manufacturing or warehouse any longer. I'd be very surprised if they did anything for you TBH, as in most cases once something was out of warranty, they didn't want to hear about it.

The firmware suggestion is a good one though and may indeed work if you don't have a hardware problem. Do you have the power adapter that came with it (I think they removed it less than a year after launch) or just the USB cable? If you do, try fully charging it for like a day off the power adapter, then reload the firmware and sync back your library.

OK lads, I think I will send this over to PMP, we're getting into their territory here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Hey OP

Clone Irl on the quays near Capel St does Creative Zen repairs
    Staff are friendly and its a really good price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

DigiGal wrote: »
    Hey OP

Thank you very much DigiGal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Anto McC wrote: »
    Thank you very much DigiGal :)
    No problemo :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

DigiGal wrote: »
    Hey OP

any luck with this place OP?

i am having problems with my creative too and would like to get it repaired

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

jph100 wrote: »
    any luck with this place OP?

i am having problems with my creative too and would like to get it repaired

cheers

Hi, I am just after getting a zen repaired there and found them to be very helpful, would recommend them no problem. They also seem to repair computers, iphones, ipods etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

Techless wrote: »
    Hi, I am just after getting a zen repaired there and found them to be very helpful, would recommend them no problem. They also seem to repair computers, iphones, ipods etc.

im looking to get a creative zen mp3 player repaired,might try this place

was it dear?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zapperman

Just had my Zen Touch repaired by Clone Irl on Ormond Quay, Dubin and found the man very helpful and friendly. He was able to fix the problem and charged only €39. He works on a no fix no fee basis. Very good. Would recommend highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

Had my creative zen mp3 player repaired at cloneirl recently too, thought it was lost after i spilled some juice on it, but the guy fixed in a couple of days, very reasonable price too, definitely reccomend anyone to drop by if they have a broken mp3 player or whatever, great service

Advertisement